What to do when you get the munchies!?!?!!

Options
I need advise... and badly! I do really good all day with my breakfast and lunch with a snack in between. But then, around 3:30 or 4:00, I get a case of the munchies that just won't stop. What happens is, I have a little of this and a little of that (and the stuff really isn't "bad" stuff) and before I know it, my dinner ends up having to be a salad, which after about 2 hours, makes me hungry again. Does anyone have any ideas, other than ignoring the cravings, that I could use? I don't know if maybe the stuff I am eating is just to "carby" and that is why I am hungry all the time or if I am not getting enough protein or what. Please help!!

Replies

• harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have found Fiber one 90 calorie bars to be GREAT....... I have a cup of green HOT tea and my bar and then it fills me up and away I go. Fiber one even has an 80 calorie cereal that I have bagged up into snack bags and the BEST PART????? they have it in chocolate and it takes care of every ill I have
  • cuddlesmom17
    cuddlesmom17 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's too funny. I was looking at those at the store just the other day. I will get some of them. What brand of green tea do you suggest?
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I use Quaker rice cakes, they are gluten free and you can have 13 mini cakes for just over 100 calories!! They come is sweet and savory flavored depending on my mood!!
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes and an apple.

Apples are packed with fiber, which will keep you full in between meals.
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of getting to evening and not having enough calories left so I am very careful with the calories earlier in the day. (I love my bedtime bowl of cereal too).
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Snacks? I end up just eating them. Some days it is chips. Sometimes cheese and crackers, other days it is chocolate (like today!).

I have some "rules."

Most days of the week I stick with my healthy breakfast. About 5x a week I have greek yogurt and fruit and possibly granola. I have a goal of keeping my dinners "lower" in starches during the weekdays as well.

The good news is, my schedule seems to really decrease my cravings for munchies. They pop up a few days a week. But I live space for treats. Usually 200 calories a day are free calories for me. On the weekend I usually have a splurge breakfast and dinner, where I count calories, but I do not worry if my meals are higher than usual.

At night, I try to skip dessert and have dessert tea instead!