Major setback... Moving forward

Options
So I've had some setbacks the last 3 months....some major setbacks. But I'm trying to move forward and get things on the right path again. I am a stress eater and I think maybe a compulsive eater. The majority of my thoughts are about food. Then once I have thought about food I get kind of ... Figity(s/p) and I can't stop until I eat. And the stress level in our lives this last 3 months has been probably the highest they have ever been. I quit even trying to be healthy. No exercise, a horrible diet and I just quit caring for a while. I gained 17 pounds in the last 3 months. Even my faith in god was feeling shakey. I quit going to church. i quit believing that I wasnt alone. My husband finally suggested that I should talk to a dr because he thought I was depressed. And I think he was right. I know I need to talk to a dr but haven't yet. Instead I spoke to god and amazingly I feel a lot better. Things are starting to come together again. Our household stress level has gone down and we are all feeling good. I know I should still talk to a dr and I will when I feel like I'm ready to. I just don't think I can talk to someone in person about all this yet. For right now until I'm ready to talk to someone else I will try and get refocused on losing weight and regaining my faith and my health. Mostly I'm just hoping for some support from others. Much love and god bless!

Replies

• buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time... hopefully you are pulling thru and can get back on track with everything. Talk with your doctor or a close friend when you feel ready. Until then, just do your best for yourself and your family. Just remember-- when you eat better and move more, you feel better... helps with overall mood and that certainly can't hurt to help get the stress in the house down, etc. Happy mom/wife = happy house!!
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    You made a good first step by admitting to yourself (and this community) that there are issues. There is no shame in asking for help. I'm glad you are starting to feel better and hope you find whatever motivates you again.