Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Big Mike- Dont move to Jersey, you'll hate it
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I had the nickname "Little Bit" for years. I hated it. How am I supposed to be intimidating with a name like that?
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I have an uncle and a cousin both named Paul My uncle was always referred to as Big Paul. His son, little Paul. By age 16, Little Paul, was taller and broader then Big Paul. They are still referred to in this manner today.

But, I can see your point.
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It's never my friends that call me big mike. It's random strangers. These people don't know me from Adam. They only know my name because it's printed on my shirt If anything I just don't understand it. I'd never call someone I don't know short or skinny in the chance that they're sensitive to those parts of themselves.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    It's never my friends that call me big mike. It's random strangers. These people don't know me from Adam. They only know my name because it's printed on my shirt If anything I just don't understand it. I'd never call someone I don't know short or skinny in the chance that they're sensitive to those parts of themselves.

But calling you m00tmike is legit? Seems perfectly logical...
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options

I can see where that would get annoying. Those who don't know my name usually say "big man" or "big guy".

And I'll agree - if you don't know a person, don't give them any sort of nickname. Big, little, whatever. You show some basic civility and respect before you assume familiarity. My wife is 4'10", and we joke about her being a "hobbit". But if you don't know her personally, you call her by her real name. (I think my family made one "Mutt and Jeff" joke and then left it at that :D )
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options

But calling you m00tmike is legit? Seems perfectly logical...

Actually yeah. I chose my username. It wasn't chosen by a random stranger. See how those are different? I don't call myself big mike. I also don't call old people old or walk up to a stranger and say "hi black person"
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Are you tall too?
    Hubby got called Hoss at Starbucks, he just laughed.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I don't mind "Big Jimmy"....

.....ok ladies? ;-)

To me this just seems like you're looking for some big Jimmy and need a bit of help from the ladies finding it.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    There's a guy at my church.... he probably tips the scales easily at 290+ .... he calls me "Big Sexy"..... kinda' scares me..........
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    On the other hand, people could be calling you Tiny. A huge guy I knew in middle school was nicknamed Tiny. Great guy, and never seemed to mind.