What do you do....?

Options
Today I really feel like I want to just eat everything in the house and forget it. It hasn't been a week yet and I just want to eat everything and forget it. Also I feel like I am hungry everything stinkin hour. What do you guys do when this happens? Thanks!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    drink water and push forward. Go for a walk maybe, get yourself away from temptations! Remind yourself over and over that if you cheat now, you'll only have to start again in the near future when you again realize that you want to change. You already have a week under your belt, it only gets easier from there, keep on truckin.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Try a little lemon juice in a big bottle of water. Keep it around and take a swig when you feel hungry.

Also try protein with each meal. It might help you stay fuller longer.

And keep healthy snacks around so that if you do need to munch, the choices are healthier.

Hang in there, bad days, weeks, even MONTHS can happen to anyone!!

Good job on reaching out too for support. That's what we're here for!

Cheers!
    Katie (aka Kekibird)
  • Bonnie555
    Options
    It's all about the distractions, but I did read the following and do not know if it will work because I have not tried it yet:

order your craving or dish up your craving take two bites and poor salt over the rest - now I am thinking this would work because I love cheese cake and when I go out for coffee I usually eat the whole thing.

Anyway just a thought:)
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm always .... I mean ALWAYS hungry. And think about food constantly, oh how I love food :) But I want to lose weight so bad, so I push through. The busier I am, the less I think about it though.... Oh, who am I kidding, I count the hours down til I can eat again ;) hehe
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Several months ago I worked through a book called "The Beck Diet Solution" by Judith S. Beck at the suggestion of a counselor I was seeing. It's cognitive-behavior therapy for weight loss. I highly recommend it--this is proving to be the easiest weight loss I've ever had. Among the many things she had you do was try a variety of distraction techniques to see what things work to get your mind off food. For instance, reading, knitting or working on the computer do not work for me. But exercising, dancing, and playing a musical instrument do. The things that work for you will not work for me and vice-versa. What she suggests you do is write up a list of everything you can think to do when you want to eat. One by one you try them and rank them. That will tell you what NOT to do as well as what works best for you.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It's all about the distractions, but I did read the following and do not know if it will work because I have not tried it yet:

order your craving or dish up your craving take two bites and poor salt over the rest - now I am thinking this would work because I love cheese cake and when I go out for coffee I usually eat the whole thing.

Anyway just a thought:)

I've heard this one too. I've never tried it but have always been curious if I could have the diligence to stop after two bites.

But a good thought!

Katie (aka Kekibird)
  • adobmeier
    adobmeier Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Are you eating just 3 meals a day? You should consider going to 5 small meals a day and make sure you have plenty of protein in each one...and you can still have some good stuff. McDonalds has a salad thats under 300 calories (the chicken bacon ranch with grilled chicken)
    The weight watchers 1 pt string cheese are tasty and take a long time to eat. I am in my first week too and I am just trying to push through its tough but we are doingi t for a reason, we are ready. The other thing that might be happening is if your eating to many carbs they might be making you hungry. You should not be starving all the time!

Good luck you can do it!!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    :wink:
    order your craving or dish up your craving take two bites and poor salt over the rest
    Now that's just a waste of good food! :wink:
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I agree with the water suggestions. Whenever this happens to me and if feel like i could eat everything in sight it's usually because i didnt drink enough water. It really makes a huge difference.

I like the idea about the salt but would feel bad for wasting the rest of a delicious treat!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Use this opportunity to prove how strong you are and fight your craving. Down a glass of water and tell yourself how good you are being to your body by not giving in. Our mind is our most powerful asset in anything we need to accomplish. BE STRONG! You will feel better for it later. :flowerforyou:
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    When I'm hungry I take that as a sign that I need to eat. So I eat something - usually fresh veggies or fruit. For most veggies you can have about 2 cups worth for under 100 calories, and I personally find it very filling.
    Plus I drink a lot of water. I find that helpful too.

I've only been here about 5 weeks or so, but so far its working for me. I always feel satisfied and haven't over eaten at meals. In the past I've tried distractions and powering through those feelings, and it always ended up in me giving up or binge eating. But that's just me. Everyone has to find what works for best for themself.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be hungry. If you are hungry, eat. If you're out of calories for the day, exercise & earn more. If neither is an option, plan what you eat better. Make better choices. Drink 1/2 your weight in ounces of water daily (if you weigh 200 lbs, drink 100 oz).
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Thats why I eat and snack often and drink lots of water
  • disnyfan
    disnyfan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"

REPEAT....

:laugh:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone:flowerforyou: ....I will try some of these suggestion. I do eat smaller meals through out the day and try and drink my water, but I will try some thing and hopefully works. I don't want to fail again!!!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Remember why you started this a week ago and keep going!! :flowerforyou:

Yes, drinks lots of water, eat small meals all day long, etc. And, yes, there will be an adjustment period for your body to get used to your new lifestyle! Just stick with it! Your body will adjust and you will learn how to maximize your calories for the day and keep yourself full!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    you may want to eat 5 to 6 times aday, as opposed to only 3 times a day.......Maybe make your 3 meals a bit smaller, and then stretch out the the rest

If you cant handle it, eat cucumbers.........weird, I know, but I cut up a cucumber , put some black pepper with tons of red apple cider vinegar and go to town on em

When I used to be starving more so, I d only eat fruits and vegetables , I figured Id rather eat plenty of fresh fruit or some brocolli and cucumbers instead of a Hershey bar, or candy, or white pasta
    i

If you have to eat, try fresh fruit.........it took the craving away, and its good for your body

also, DONT WAIT TILL YOU GET HUNGRY TO EAT

Eat before you get hunry, because you know what you will do if you go to the dinner table starving, dont you?

You will pig out and then you will feel worse..................Good Luck, Lloyd
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Oh, but to answer your questions, "what do you do"?

I LOVE to eat! So for me, it helped (especially in the beginning) to see a lot of food at my meals. In order to do that and not exceed my calories, I packed in the veggies. Roast them, steam them, grill them; however you like to eat them. And have a big pile of veggies with lunch and dinner. I don't think anybody has ever gotten fat by eating too many veggies! :bigsmile:
  • brockly25
    Options
    what i do is drink water and go for a bike ride. but yeah i know that dont fix the problem :) eat a sweet fruit that wil fake your mind of what you realy want ... so drink the water tell you cant drink any more eat a sweet fruit to make your mind think you got want you wanted and take a walk or a bike ride... need to get out and get away from it all ..... if your stuck at work ... get those 100 calorie snacks and have that after you drank all the water you can so after the snack you wil fill full :) i hope that helps :) and make friends here so you can talk to them and see what your friends eat and have someone to talk to :) i'm all wasy on here so if you need to talk :)
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have found my meals are more satisfying now and I think part of the reason is that I put all of my food on a plate. I am not good with portion sizes, so I'm eating a lot of WW Smart Ones, Lean Cuisine, etc. Only I don't eat them in their little plastic tray. I put them on a plate. To fill the plate up so that I think I'm eating more and I don't feel deprived, I will put a TON of veggies or salad with fat-free Italian dressing (the only fat-free dressing I like) on the other half. I also found that if I have more of a variety of food items, it's better and I also try to make myself eat slowly. I am tasting my food now, rather than just eating to eat, which is what I always did before.
    My problem times are at work, so in my cubicle, I have a ton of 100-calorie packs, fat-free pudding snack packs, etc. Work is when I crave the sweet stuff, so a chocolate fat-free pudding usually curbs that craving.