Help

Options
Okay Im confused what to do, I just completed a 6 mile run, Im questioning should I have a protein drink now, or will my body pull from the protein drink and not burn the fat ?:noway:

Replies

• nikmaack
    nikmaack Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's my understanding that working out THEN eating the protein is a good idea. It will help build your muscles.

The best time to exercise, to burn fat, is right when you wake up. Do your exercises, THEN eat.

My source for this information is the Ingredients for Life podcast, which I enjoy and recommend. Hope this helps!

Nik
  • Sharonbed4d
    Options
    I've always been told to fuel within 45 minutes post exercise with carbs and protein. Protein will help your muscles in recovery which will make you stronger for your next run. Even chocolate milk can do the trick.
  • Sally749
    Options
    Awesome, Thank you :) Protein shake her I come :)
  • Mangoose
    Options
    I've always been told to fuel within 45 minutes post exercise with carbs and protein. Protein will help your muscles in recovery which will make you stronger for your next run. Even chocolate milk can do the trick.

I've read the exact opposite!

Protein shakes are fine after your run, but I also read that your body continues burning calories for the hour after you finish running, however if you eat anything it'll instantly stop doing it. So don't eat anything for 45 minutes-hour after cardio :)

Mark