Ideas for chilies?

Options
Ennaelangels
Ennaelangels Posts: 63 Member
Hi guys! I have about a 15 chilies left over, and it would be a shame if I had to throw them out! Does anyone have any good ideas on what to do with such a large quantity of them? I was maybe thinking along the lines of a chili jam or sambal, but I need a good recipe.

Thanks!

Replies

• NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have about 10 habaneros left over too. Would love to hear some tips too.
  • amberwhite804
    amberwhite804 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Habanero Guacamole:

1.Blend 4 avocados - peeled, pitted, and chopped, 1/2 cup red onion, seeded and minced (wear gloves), or to taste
    habanero peppers, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 1 tablespoon lime juice,
    1 teaspoon, and 4 sprigs cilantro, chopped, or to taste - in a food processor until smooth; transfer to a bowl.
    2.Fold 1/2 large tomato, seeded and finely diced into the avocado mixture.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Slow_cooked-Flank-Steak-TasteOfHome?columns=5&position=1/36

Green Chili Flank Steak

I love this recipe

Tweak to your own chili desire
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    freeze them, and takethem out when you need them...
  • Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I buy green chilis in bulk and roast them all at once. The ones that I don't use right away, I peel the skin and put them in freezer bags and freeze them. They are perfect when I defrost them to use them. Only takes under a minute to defrost, and you have them on hand ready to go.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I buy green chilis in bulk and roast them all at once. The ones that I don't use right away, I peel the skin and put them in freezer bags and freeze them. They are perfect when I defrost them to use them. Only takes under a minute to defrost, and you have them on hand ready to go.

This is what I do too. They are great to have in the middle of the winter when you want to spice up, well anything!
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You could make your own harissa paste which you can then use for all sorts of dishes:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1977657/harissa
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    you can always freeze them.

My garden usually produces a mass amount of peppers at once, so I just dice them and put them in freezer bags and use them in the winter time in soups, chili, enchiladas, etc.
  • murrayhambrick
    Options
    I have a large stack of NM Chilis in Freezer Bags right now. I add them to many of my dishes :)
  • Ennaelangels
    Ennaelangels Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Sadly I don't have a freezer, but plenty of other good ideas :)