Two years, 27 pounds, in no hurry.

verymissk
verymissk Posts: 262 Member
I've been working on my health and fitness for a little over two years now. I need to lose about 80 pounds total. I could have done it in a year, I'm sure, and I probably could have even done it in two years. Instead I've chosen to take a very slow and progressive approach to reaching my goals. I regularly drink beer, go out with friends, spend cold weekends bundled up watching bad TV and snacking with my husband... but I also spend a majority of my time thinking about my life - my long-term goals. I eat delicious things in true moderation, I make efforts to be active at least a little bit every day. After the last two years, I can say with 100% certainty that I have changed my lifestyle to continue working toward my goal of losing 80 pounds, and then maintaining that loss while being a strong and healthy woman.

The things I have learned along the way have been innumerable, and the friends I have made are irreplaceable. The most important thing I can say to you if you think you really want to reach your goals is to decide exactly how you want your life to be when you're at your goal, and just start living that life now. Making adult choices about what you choose to do and eat will always be a factor in your health, regardless of your weight, so the sooner you get the hang of that, the better.

And now, without further ado - the thing you've all been waiting for! Some before and during pics!

Before:

[img]http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy109/lovesdenvergirl/self portraits/c9f13998-71f0-48b3-b0a9-116e559258de_zpsca4ae710.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy109/lovesdenvergirl/self portraits/28dbc6ac-03e4-473a-8e3c-9f6c20728bf4_zps98181920.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy109/lovesdenvergirl/self portraits/636522f1-9b2b-4934-8e76-59fad7d3f6ce_zps63e91e8d.jpg[/img]

During:

a35cf08c-399b-4998-b114-9832ae184346_zps843ced53.jpg
2e0e24fc-1146-40e9-982b-83736ca06b73_zps0ac7d1dc.jpg

Okay, so maybe they're not the best comparisons, but I think you can pick up what I'm puttin' down.

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Adorabubble!

And slow and steady is how to keep it off for life.

:drinker:
  • marnaER
    marnaER Posts: 8
    Keep going. You are doing great.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Awesome attitude - great approach and LOVE that last pic!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Good for you for making changes and still enjoying your life. For you it might be a better plan than all 80 in 8 months. more chance to slowly accept the changes cognitively as well as behaviorally. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • I like you! You are going to do it! :wink:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Well, no one can ever say that you don't have patience. :smile:

Great so far....

...keep up the good work.

:flowerforyou:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Still as pretty as a peach. :)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    You are gorgeous at any weight. Keep up the great work and wonderful attitude!! :smile:
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Love you! I'm so glad you're back.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    I :heart: you! You look fabulous and I'm glad you're back! :drinker:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    AHH, I just saw this! You look amazing always, but DAYUM that pin up. I <3 you girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!