When to typically reevaluate TDEE method

Options
Hey guys! I've been following TDEE for about a month and a half now. I officially lost 10 pounds since reevaluating how I eat and calories. I know TDEE changes everyday and what not but for the following month I've been eating or attempting to eat my TDEE from when I calculated it. Should I recalculate it and adjust my cals accordingly, just like MFP pal requests every 10 pounds lost? Or should I continue with my cals since I am still losing weight? I started eating paleo the first of the month and am having difficulty meeting my minimum as it is. Thoughts?

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Either is fine - recalculating every 10 lbs, or keeping on doing what's working and recalculating if you see a trend where your losses are diminishing.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    According to http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ when you drop 5lbs or more your should recalculate.
  • l2i1n8z
    l2i1n8z Posts: 4
    Options
    Whats the TDEE method?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I think you have to do it every 5 lbs at least. I do it all the time.
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    If you are having trouble meeting minimums, then I would recalculate. The less you weigh the lower your TDEE will be. I was told to recalculate it every 10 lbs. :)