!!!!!CRAMPS!!!!!!

Options
Ladies, do you workout when aunt flow just wont give you a break? Normally my period does not bother me in the slightest but for some reason today it is KILLING me! my lower back feels like I have a knife shoved in it! I really need to workout but I just got off of work and all I really want to do is take some advil and take a nap!

Replies

• debbie1268
    Options
    I feel your pain..... Just take some advil and put your ipod on and workout..... and do not think of the dreaded "Auntie" coming to town... I was the same way last week and you just have to push through it..

Good Luck
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I always work out during my period. It helps with my cramps and flow (sorry, tmi) and those stupid extra pounds that pop up that week. Also helps me not be so pissy :bigsmile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    sometimes I try to push through and go for a walk or bike ride , sometimes I just need to take a break. It is ok to take a break if you dont feel good. just get back with it tomorrow
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    On my worst days as a teenager, when I just wanted to lay in bed & cry from pain (I had really gnarly dots up until I had my first kid), my mom would force me to get out of bed and go for a walk. I just wanted to lay there and cry, but those were the days she'd growl at me "get dressed, we're going to the mall"

and you know what? it did help a little.

Not only will light exercise get your mind off the pain, the resulting endorphines will curb the pain as well.
  • tazer24
    Options
    In my experience being active and working out before or during cramps often helps reduce cramping. It can be hard to get started though but can also be well worth it.
  • amscobra
    Options
    I'm dealing with it right now as well, but just push through. I would wait to take that nap just cause once you give in to it, you'll not want to get back up.
  • StephieWheats
    StephieWheats Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This week I was ok as long as I was exercising. The minute I stopped is when I had trouble. So I found yself working out a little more this week!
  • aalekova
    Options
    don't beat yourself up. i feel the same way and each time i force myself to work out during cramps and feel worse, personally speaking. listen to your body I say.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Working out always makes me feel better when I'm cramping.
  • jrsmithne
    Options
    I work out...i get terrible cramps and headaches during that time. Just pop in a couple ibupropen and push play or run while my daughter is at soccer practice. It is hard at first, but feels ok once i get started.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Tai Chi.

It is my turn-to workout when my back is out, knees are out, I'm cramping really bad, or the best is when I'm in a bad mood or really stressed. I actually added it to my routine this AM since my back has been hurting & I feel better.

Try looking up Scott Cole, I have the Discover Tai Chi for Weight Loss: I LOVE IT :happy: and it's been a life-saver for many months now:happy:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Working out hard with cramps completely eliminates them WHILE you're working out. Then you get to take a hot shower and that helps as well. THEN you can take an advil and a nap. :bigsmile:
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    LOL I just was thinking.....how many men on here ran in the other direction when they saw what the topic of this post was actually about. :happy:
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I take 4 ibuprofen about an hour before my workout... that seems to get me through!