hey all starting my diet tomorrow 8/10

Options
Hey im new here my names ariana im 26 female from jamestown pa im a vegetarian for 17 years now i have 60-65lbs to lose (baby weight) from 2 years ago have 3 kids (2,4,and 5) last summer i got down to my pre preggo weight and was running 6 miles a day in about a hour times winter came and i couldnt keep the weight off then a lot of stuff happened and started smoking cigs again my quit date for that is also tomorrow im feeling good about getting started

Replies

• WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    good luck! feel free to add me!
  • aubinas
    aubinas Posts: 9
    Options
    thanks
  • SKJ98
    SKJ98 Posts: 25
    Options
    I just started my diet up again recently to, I'm on day number 3. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • MsFunkyfit
    MsFunkyfit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me girl... I'm on MFP daily (almost weekends are rough) and I started getting Serious serious about a month ago! You can do this !!!! :bigsmile:
  • aubinas
    Options
    hey thanks ill be sure to add you
  • aubinas
    Options
    thanks and ill be sure to add you
  • foxyroxyross
    Options
    Hey A !! I am starting my diet tomorrow as well. I was a vegetarian for almost 3 years and gained more weight than when I wasn't. I think I over carbed myself trying to get full. Anyways I need to lose 70 ilbs. ( I am almost the size of a baby hippo almost, I've done the research ) I have no kids so I don't have that excuse, ( I wish I did) but I think with this program we will have success. -Roxanne
  • aubinas
    Options
    good luck in your start tomorrow you can do it !! just be positive
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    HI.. I am a vegetarian too and I also have 3 kids.. I am very active on here if you want to add me, please feel free.. Good luck on your journey..
  • Geeznie713
    Options
    Good luck to you. I had a rough start since 8/08 and plan to re-start tomorrow. Feel free to add me. I would love to make some new friends out here!
  • aubinas
    Options
    good luck to you
  • daylily53
    Options
    Hi I'm Gayle aka Daylily53. I am starting over today. Encouragement needed to exercise. I heard a quote on FB tonight that did me in. Would you rather have the pain of exercise for 1 hr or pain of being fat for 24 hrs!!! ugh ouch!! I have A-fib and scarred lungs from blood clots after a mitral valve repair and pneumonia in '11. I am on oxygen and have a sedentary lifestyle. My Dr. has really fussed/encouraged me to get moving!!! If I could lose 30-45 lbs I would probably not be as short of breath. prayers and encouragement appreciated. I will do the same for you guys on this journey:)
  • aubinas
    Options
    good lock to you on your new start that saying ouch just be positive and patient and take it one day at a time
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Im with you....starting over again. Its been a real challenge for me.
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step.

My only comment is that you should try to avoid thinking of this as a diet. If you do it right, it's a lifestyle change and by the time you reach your goal, you will have developed sustainable habits that will keep you from getting to the point where you need to "diet". I have a cohort who is "juicing" to lose weight. While that may be an effective way to lose weight, it's the perfect way to start packing on pounds once he quits. He has no clue how to judge the calories that he puts away with regular foods.

So, best of luck and don't let the bad weeks get you down. Everyone has them and if you do it right, you'll see that in the long run, this site works well for the vast majority of people.