Cheat Day

Options
I've been going strong for the past 22 days but today I went over my calories and I feel bad. I'm tired of feeling guilty about food!! Please tell me that I'm not the only one that has suffered from a bad calorie day. Can I call this a "cheat day" and just make sure I stay under my calories for tomorrom?

Replies

• Laroka
    Laroka Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started having cheat days once a week after 3 weeks. Just as long as you only have one once a week to every other week I think it should be fine.
  • Nicolemo79
    Nicolemo79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I feel sooo guilty..
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi, we all have cheat days just remember tomorrow is a new day. Friend request sent
  • Nicolemo79
    Options
    Thank you Ruth4111gut :) sometimes I just need to hear it from others.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You are human! Food is delicious and meant to be enjoyed in moderation. If you eat well/exercise most of the time it's perfectly fine to eat something not the healthiest some times. Just realize one bad meal once in awile won't kill you or change you.
  • sg992
    sg992 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I always feel very guilty too, I try to just balance it out the next day (which used to mean extremely calorie-restricted days for me). But I find since I've started logging food on here I'm not nearly as tempted to cheat, because I hate sacrificing meals the next day for it!
  • Nicolemo79
    Options
    Thank you. I'm trying to reach that mind set. I've been doing so good though and today I feel bad about going over.
  • Nicolemo79
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm definitely cutting back. Thank you.
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty - everyone needs a cheat day once in a while! Just tell yourself that tomorrow is a new day :smile: I used to beat myself up over the slips too, until I realized that that was making me sad, which was counterproductive because then I wanted to eat more!

I tend to designate the first Saturday or Sunday of the month as a 'cheat day' although this month it is moving to my friend's birthday so I can consume some tasty beverages :drinker:
  • Nicolemo79
    Options
    :smile: I can dig that!! I'm just feeling like I need to do some exercises but I'm at work.
  • mrslosser
    mrslosser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A personal trainer friend once told me that one cheat day a week isn't going to affect your weight loss...I try not to have cheat days but sometimes I just can't help myself. I take comfort in knowing one day of excess calories isn't going to do me in. We all struggle with food or exercise or we wouldn't be here. Friend request sent. :wink:
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal/day every week. If you know you are going out to eat, or to a party, or luncheon at work you can plan around it for the week. All that matters is your deficit for the long term. Say for the week as opposed to the day.
  • Nicolemo79
    Options
    Thank you!! You all are definitely making me feel better about my bad food day :smile:
  • jedgarner11
    jedgarner11 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    of course! get right back on track.
  • devils44
    devils44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree with most comments, it is okay to reward your self. Just limit the number of cheat days. I used to consider the weekends my cheat day; however, I noticed I was not losing that much and ruined my weeks hard work. Now I say I would have a cheat MEAL (not an entire day) 1 - 2 times a month.
  • Nicolemo79
    Options
    Thank you!! I'm back on track today :smile:
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have one once a week but usually keep it to a cheat meal. Don't feel guilty about it we are only human, might actually help keep you on track. :smile:
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up -- if you dropped your watch on the carpeted floor -- you would pick it up and go on. You would not take the watch toss it on a concrete patio and hit it with a sledge hammer. So just pick yourself up and carry on with your goals fresh in your mind. Remember just "WATCH it" for a day or two. :smile: I don't call it a cheat day because somehow I would justify a cheat week - lol - I call it an opps day. Hang tight. Good luck.