NEED HELP TO GET BACK ON TRACK

Options
kblove1
kblove1 Posts: 6 Member
Hello!
I am not completely "new" to using myfitnesspal, I actually used it constantly last year before my wedding. I have two girls, 2 and 3, a wonderful husband and just finishing up my college degree. I lost 20 lbs a while back and gained it all back, I am so insecure and very unhappy with myself. I just can't seem to stick to anything. I do have fibromyalgia & arthritis, and on my "good" days I get a lot done, I try to work out (Turbo Fire) and stay active with my kids but needless to say, lately, I have been in a deep funk that I can't get out of. I am constantly tired, not motivated, hard to follow any sort of eating guide, not very active, I need some advice on just where to start with myself, I never know what kinds of meals to make that aren't terribly fattening for myself and my family. Has anyone found themselves in a bad funk like this? I wanna lose weight and get my health back on track!

Recipes, easy ideas, any advice is needed.
Thanks!!

Replies

• abeherbert
    abeherbert Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just do it. Don't wait for tomorrow. Don't throw around the "I'll do it later..."

"Later" is RIGHT NOW! You got this. I'd recommend you look at Sparkrecipes. (Google It!)
  • Tina_Bella76
    Options
    hello i sent u a request...im a workin mom with two kids and i also have fibro, i know it can be tough to deal with sometimes. i hope u find a great support system here. much luck to u....:)
  • kblove1
    Options
    Just do it. Don't wait for tomorrow. Don't throw around the "I'll do it later..."

"Later" is RIGHT NOW! You got this. I'd recommend you look at Sparkrecipes. (Google It!)
  • kblove1
    Options
    hello i sent u a request...im a workin mom with two kids and i also have fibro, i know it can be tough to deal with sometimes. i hope u find a great support system here. much luck to u....:)

THANKS! ;)
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Can totally understand that, sometimes it's just hard to find motivation. Feel free to add me if you're looking for encouragement!
  • Efsim
    Efsim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, life can be busy. I’m in a grad program and married so I understand having little time but I’ve been trying to do little things at a time. I prepare meals on weekends- which helps.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    kblove1 wrote: »
    Hello!
    I am not completely "new" to using myfitnesspal, I actually used it constantly last year before my wedding. I have two girls, 2 and 3, a wonderful husband and just finishing up my college degree. I lost 20 lbs a while back and gained it all back, I am so insecure and very unhappy with myself. I just can't seem to stick to anything. I do have fibromyalgia & arthritis, and on my "good" days I get a lot done, I try to work out (Turbo Fire) and stay active with my kids but needless to say, lately, I have been in a deep funk that I can't get out of. I am constantly tired, not motivated, hard to follow any sort of eating guide, not very active, I need some advice on just where to start with myself, I never know what kinds of meals to make that aren't terribly fattening for myself and my family. Has anyone found themselves in a bad funk like this? I wanna lose weight and get my health back on track!

Recipes, easy ideas, any advice is needed.
    Thanks!!

Eat foods you like, except less. If your diet overall is a good variety of meats/meat alternatives, dairy/dairy alternatives, fruits and veg, etc then all you have to worry about is the calorie amounts of what you're eating. You're going to have the best success eating in a way you enjoy and will be able to sustain long-term.

Start with the food, weight loss happens in the kitchen. Weigh out and track the foods you already eat and enjoy and see what the stats are. Make swaps if a particular ingredient is too high in something. Play around with your macros and see what helps keep you satisfied. Check out the Recipes part of the forums or google meals you already make to see if you can find lower calorie versions if they happen to be particularly high calorie. Taking it one step at a time will eventually change the picture.