Girls 5'3 and not losing?

Options
So I've been up and down the scale at a range of 130-135 lbs this year. I'm 19 and 5'3.
I exercise 4-6 times a week, lifting weights 3 times a week.
The lowest I've managed to get is to 128 lbs but then I jump back up.
I've tried all sorts of calorie ranges and can't find one that works! It's so frustrating.
I only started weights about 3 months ago, however I do not see that much change in fat. Especially belly and back fat.
My clothes don't feel differently. June of 2012 I was 120-123 and then I shot up to 130 by the end of August and just have not been able to get it off!
I used to restrict myself for 2 years being 105 lbs so I don't want to go there again. But I think I really ruined my metabolism doing that and now I'm stuck and cannot change :(

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Well, your diary is closed and you didn't say how much you are eating, so its hard to give advice.
  • brittvlip
    brittvlip Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I try to eat between 1300-1600 (usually 1400) calories most days. Sometimes I fall off the bandwagon and eat 1800-2000 once a week tops.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    What size clothes do you wear now? and yes, open your diary so we can see what you are eating and maybe make suggestions.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    do you have thyroid issues by chance? that is what held me back for a long time until i got a proper dose and then it started to come off. there are many things also, you may not be eating enough depending on how much you burn, the food choices may not be great, do you weigh/ measure your food?
  • brittvlip
    brittvlip Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just opened my diary. I just started using fitness pal but had recently been using calorie count.
    I'm usually a 4 or 6 for pants depending on the material I guess.
    And usually a medium for tops. Again it depends on the top.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Try changing up your workouts, doing some HIIT or different circuit training, different or heavier lifting. Also, you might want to try spacing out your protein a bit. You get up to 70 grams of protein in one meal. I'm no expert, but I don't think your body can metabolize and use that much protein optimally at once.
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Same height and not losing a whole lot, I'm at 1200 calories a day, and as of this week and going to try eating back only half of my exercise calories, as I'm a bit funny about how accurate my HRM and MFP is when it comes to calories burned. Will see what this week brings!
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    If you are on birth control of any kind that can really hinder your weight loss too, especially if you are on the shot. I know many friends of mine that have had extreme difficulty losing weight while on birth control. I, of course, have no idea of if you are on any, but thought I would throw that out there.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I try to eat between 1300-1600 (usually 1400) calories most days. Sometimes I fall off the bandwagon and eat 1800-2000 once a week tops.

seems quite reasonable. do you weigh your food? if you don't there may be significant error in your logging
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of things I noticed in your diary. You need to record your water more regularly. Or are you drinking other drinks like teas or sodas? Your carbs are often about twice as high as your protein. I would suggest 40% protein, 35% carbs, and 35% fat or just cutting carbs by 25% and see what happens. Watch your sodium. If you have a high sodium diet then you need more water to help your body or you will retain water. Also if you are not drinking enough water your body will hold onto more water (I am learning this from experience).

I am working with a dietician who encourages a gallon of water a day. I usually don't get there but I do get around 14 cups and it's helped a lot, surprisingly I do not spend all my time in the bathroom.

BTW, I'm only 5'4". Good luck.