Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

BYE BYE SCALE!!!!

August 08, 2013 2:26 pm
Joined MFP two weeks ago and have been logging in everyday. I exercise 90 mins 6 days a week for the last 2 Weeks. I stepped on the scale yesterday and almost burst into tears. I had gained 2 kg : how is that remotely possible!!!! I have hidden this scale and won't weigh till August 27 th. this will be exactly one month since my life style change. No matter what anyone says about muscle weighing more at the beginning, it still feels awful not to see loss after working soooooo........ Hard. For now it is ....... NO TO THE SCALE

Replies

• Qns1980
    Qns1980 Posts: 23 Member
    I truly understand because you want to see the progress on the scale. Keep up what you are doing and try to rely on how you look and feel, maybe take your measurements and base your progress on inch loss instead of the pounds.

Keep up the good work
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    As a side note, make sure the scale is on a hard, flat surface. Mine can be off by 4+ lbs if it's just slightly in between tiles on the floor.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    My guess is water retention, or just normal anomalies. My weight varies up to 7.5 pounds at any given time. It's at the high point after a day of heavy exercise and/or salt intake. If I take a rest day from exercise and drink a ton of water that day, it flushes itself out and I will be near the low point again. Since I weigh every morning, in the buff and after a trip to the toilet, I have consistent reading. Nevertheless, my weight chart looks like a heart monitor in the hospital. Don't let it get you down. Just stick with it and you'll see the changes regardless of what the scale says.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    start measuring.
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Good call on the scale my friend! That is exactly what happened to me my second week- and now I am 112lbs down! Keep on keeping on and only use the scale as one of your tools :smile:
  • rkasper22
    rkasper22 Posts: 61 Member
    just a thought? you might be holding water. that is a TON of exercise! what are you doing???
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    I'm a non-scaler also!!! :happy: The scale and I have an understanding... I don't mess with it and it doesn't mess with me. We are both much happier that way. :bigsmile:
  • blessingking
    blessingking Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you all for the honest advice. Will keep at it and put in the work. It can only get better!!!
  • suecan2
    suecan2 Posts: 45
    ah, yeah, my scale is in hiding.. i find it once a month or so but I got too depressed seeing the #'s up and down and down and up. so many factors. my tool of choice is the measuring tape - again just every couple weeks though. i like not being so obsessed about my # and just focus on nutritious foods.
  • Lost 30, quit and came back for the last 10, so I get re joining. The scale/numbers can take over too much brain power. I weigh in 1 to 2x max a week but use it as a measurement tool at this point.
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    I feel for u, but keep on exercising and dieting, Do Not Give Up! I was in a similar situation and I gave up on exercising and slowly to the dieting too. And here I am, and it'll be 2 times harder now than would have been if I'd have stuck with it. I'm talking about 2 months of sweat, 5 days a week, 2 hours a day, keeping to calorie counting and a weight loss of 1 pound. Now, after jeans started bursting on my *kitten* and tights...I'm starting again and hopefully will remain motivated( more than 2 months)!
    Good luck to u and everyone who's doing something for their body! Hugs!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Yup KISS that scale good bye! Pictures and measuring is where it's at