Any females 5"9 or taller with success stories??

Options
Hi

I have i guess in a way returned to MFP lol. Any females 5"9 or taller with success stories? I'm 6"0 tall and 208lb and my goal weight is 150lb. It would be nice to here from some women that might have the same struggles as me and its always great motivation to here success stories.

Thanks

Replies

• comingsize12
    comingsize12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5"10 or maybe 5"11. I weigh 253 and my goal is roughly 175. I been on MFP for some time now but never really took it seriously until recently. I started juicing 3 times a day sometimes 2 if I eat out. I always work out daily because I have high blood pressure. I stepped up my work out to an 1 1/2 and I've seen some changes on the scale. I weigh in on Wednesday's and look forward to it. I know juicing get a lot of negativity but I like it and its working for me. So I will continue until the end of the year.

Anyway I'm here and I'll support you. I'm on cloud 9 and having so much fun. I can't wait til next Wednesday. Good luck
  • buckshot1969
    Options
    hi I'm 5'9 so far I have lost 33lbs on MFP and 5lbs prior to MFP total 38lbs. I want to lose 30 more I would just like to be out of the 200 club..I am very curvy and that is one thing I like about myself so I dont want to lose to much. This is about my health more then anything else. Good luck to you I wish you the best....
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm between 5'9 and 5'10 depending on which 7-11 I'm robbing lol.
    I've lost quite a few pounds so far. You can look on my profile for my before and during pictures.
    Good luck to you.
  • Ashleymarie88
    Ashleymarie88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Support! I am also very curvy and i don't think me or my fiance want me to lose that. My biggest goal is to be fit and strong not skinny. I would also like to get out of the 200 club as well. I have been adding weight lifting into my workout routine and i can already feel a difference in just a couple of weeks! i feel great and motivated. Its helps that i love my gym so i want to go all the time :)

I don't have a juicer but i add a lot of cucumbers and fruits to my water and it helps me drink the amount I'm supposed to drink every day :)
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'9 and i've lost a total of 50 pounds so far. I started off (before mfp) at 231 pounds, i'm now 180 and i want to be 160. But these last 20 pounds aren't coming off easily! feel free to add if you want more tall friends :p
  • gensteele1
    gensteele1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and the benefits of being tall have always been on my side (forever hearing "you don't look that big"). I have lost about 18lbs on MFP since May and I'm loving it. Plus through in some heavy lifting and its a party. I'm at my lowest weight (and highest strength) including wedding weight. I'm about 7lbs from my goal, but it keeps changing. Its not about how thin I can get, but how my body looks and feels. I just push my body as far as it wants to go and am amazed at the results. I'm currently 157lbs. I was 225lbs about 18mos ago when I had my son. Good luck ladies. Tall women unite!
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    hey girl! i'm 5'11 & i started my journey at 202 & am down at 183 now in just a little over a month! Feel free to add me if you;d like
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5"10 or maybe 5"11. I weigh 253 and my goal is roughly 175. I been on MFP for some time now but never really took it seriously until recently. I started juicing 3 times a day sometimes 2 if I eat out. I always work out daily because I have high blood pressure. I stepped up my work out to an 1 1/2 and I've seen some changes on the scale. I weigh in on Wednesday's and look forward to it. I know juicing get a lot of negativity but I like it and its working for me. So I will continue until the end of the year.

Anyway I'm here and I'll support you. I'm on cloud 9 and having so much fun. I can't wait til next Wednesday. Good luck

juicing is AMAZING and has AMAZING benefits! i did a 7 day cleanse with nothing but juice & had amazing results...that was over a year ago, though. Now i juice sometimes & eat clean & exercise
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I've lost a solid 18 pounds. I fluctuate between 178 and 180. I'd LOVE to see 155 again.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am 6'0" and started out at about 193-195 and am at 160 now. I have pictures on my profile of me at a few different weights. I am eating maintenance right now, but will probably switch back to a deficit soon as I am not happy with how my body looks yet.
  • mrob04
    mrob04 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    5'10" Here & 250#s. I would LOVE to loose 100#s!! Anyone feel free to add me. I need all the support I can get! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    5'9" here - down 75 pounds in about 18 months or so (my highest was 245), now 170. Goal weight is aimed somewhere between 155-165 - not quite sure yet. More concerned with reducing body fat versus weight. I eat about 2000-2500/calories per day (very active lifestyle) and working out 3-5/per week. I am always changing things up, tweaking my habits...it is a constant state of change and improvement. I eat plenty of crap still but overall, my eating habits are significantly improved and are becoming more balanced.
  • Leesel66
    Leesel66 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'9" here, started at 92.3 kg (203lbs), currently 81.9 (180lbs) looking to get to 170 (154 lbs) but would be happy at 72kg (158lbs) if those few kgs/lbs don't budge. I started my journey April this year, I am starting to see my curves return but am still big busted, my problem area. I'm not right active, usually walk between 3-4 times a week and have to do clinical Pilates following spinal surgery in May this year. Would love a bit of support as feel I have lost my way these past 2 weeks, eating crap but still being mindful and logging, even if it's not a pretty day :( I'm happy to support and encourage, I'm on MFP everyday.
  • therealaubrey
    therealaubrey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and started at 255#. I had NEVER lost weight before in my life and since joining MFP in January I have lost 55 pounds!! I plan on losing another 30-45 to lose, but I am so ecstatic right now that I am enjoying the moment (which is funny because I remember crying when I hit 200 on the way up about 7 years ago, and now I'm thrilled to be here on the way down). I will have to upload some pics soon. I am here EVERYDAY!
  • MichkaMeShell
    MichkaMeShell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Figured I'd reply because I had /have quite a bit bit to lose AND am 5'11". I was 301 at my noted heaviest. Currently, I bounce between 214-217 regularly. My absolute goal weight is 170-180, however, my short term goal is at least 200 lbs. I don't know what I'd do if I ever saw a "1" as the first number on the scale, but I am determined to figure that out.

:D
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    5'9" 1/2 down 50 lbs from my highest weight. Would love to get to about 172, which would be a total of 100lbs lost. This is a great place to find help and good friends. Welcome!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and started logging last July at 285. I'm currently 205 and hoping to lose about 20lbs more. My biggest recommendation to you would be to eat more protein than MFP sets. 15% just is so low and eating protein helps you maintain lean muscle as you lose weight and it keeps you fuller longer. I set mine to 30% and that has been a big help in my losing so far. Feel free to add me if you want a supportive friend.

Before77lbs_zps93e330e7.jpg
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Not quite a success, but almost there. This is a picture of my one year progress on here. I'm 5'11" and started at 247. Now I'm 80lbs down and at 167.

OneYearFrontampSide_zpsc36b9042.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!