Hello Everyone :) New to MFP

Options
Hi, my name is Bridgett. I am 23 years old, I am 5'4'' tall and weigh 230lbs. I am married and have 2 boys, one 4 and one 3 months old. I am struggling to lose weight from my first pregnancy still!!! I gained 27 lbs with my recent pregnancy and ha ve lost 17 of that so far. I really need ideas on what to eat to help me lose weight. (I need to lose atleast 50lbs to start with)
My typical day of food goes like this:

Wake up, drink coffee, no breakfast
Eat whatever I can find for lunch around 1-2pm
Go to work, drink coffees high in calories and sugar (I work at Starbucks)
Come home around 10pm eat dinner usually high in carbs ( rice or pasta and some type of meat normally)

I usually drink atleast one soda a day and a few sweets per day (rarely drink water)
On average I probably have maybe 3 servings of fruit a week and maybe one serving of veggies per week!!!
I know this is horrible!

I am here to make friends and possibly get healthy yummy recipes :) and support so I can lose the weight I need to lose so I can be healty for my kids.
PLEASE add me. I need some serious advice and can use someone to talk to.... thanks!!!

Replies

• bceltic
    bceltic Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also new, and my name is Bridget, I am 5'4". I'm 43, mom of 4. I can say the first change you need to make is to eat a healthy breakfast! It kicks off your metabolism and keeps you from grabbing junk through out the day. Work on sticking as close to eating whole foods as you can.
  • liormintz
    liormintz Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    Feel free to add me
    That go to all of you
  • lovinlifeinlove
    Options
    Hi, thanks for replying!
    Yes I will definitely start eating breakfast. I bought some oatmeal although it has brown sugar, but I need to start somewhere. I drink coffee first thing in the morning so that usually takes my appetite away... maybe if I make my breakfast before I drink my coffee.
    Thanks for the advice! Will look forward to chatting with you :)
  • jenavelez
    Options
    hello, my name is Jena. I am new to this site and just new to getting healthy. If anyone has any tips on any works outs for the gym or diet. It would be greatly appreciated. Hope to meet everyone. Happy getting healthy!
  • newmommy650
    Options
    Hey im Daisy (: I am new also . I have a 3 month old son and i gained 50lbs from pregnancy , it would be nice to have you as a friend .
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Bridgett. I am 23 years old, I am 5'4'' tall and weigh 230lbs. I am married and have 2 boys, one 4 and one 3 months old. I am struggling to lose weight from my first pregnancy still!!! I gained 27 lbs with my recent pregnancy and ha ve lost 17 of that so far. I really need ideas on what to eat to help me lose weight. (I need to lose atleast 50lbs to start with)
    My typical day of food goes like this:

Wake up, drink coffee, no breakfast
    Eat whatever I can find for lunch around 1-2pm
    Go to work, drink coffees high in calories and sugar (I work at Starbucks)
    Come home around 10pm eat dinner usually high in carbs ( rice or pasta and some type of meat normally)

I usually drink atleast one soda a day and a few sweets per day (rarely drink water)
    On average I probably have maybe 3 servings of fruit a week and maybe one serving of veggies per week!!!
    I know this is horrible!

I am here to make friends and possibly get healthy yummy recipes :) and support so I can lose the weight I need to lose so I can be healty for my kids.
    PLEASE add me. I need some serious advice and can use someone to talk to.... thanks!!!

Wow.....bit discipline in eating is required. Breakfast is must, drink lot of water, try to avoid Soda and taking direct sugar. MFP is wonderful in close monitoring your intake as well as peoples here very fantastic to help you on any health/diet related matter. Monitor your foods and bit workout, thats all !! You can easily.......All the Best :)