Weight guilt...

Options
Confession:
The weight that's listed as my current weight may or may not be accurate. I only started back up here on MFP within the past week, and that number's left over from when I was last trying this, a couple of months ago. I was too scared to weigh myself before starting up again, and I'm scared to see what pops up when I weigh myself this Sunday.
Anybody have words of encouragement? I'm feeling slightly shaken.

Replies

• cheriibomb
    Options
    No matter what the number is, today is a new day! The past doesn't define you, the present does. You can do this!!! :)
  • Pheboh
    Pheboh Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The number now may seem terrifying, but it really doesn't matter! Today is the last time you're going to see that number. You're here to get healthy and happy, and that's exactly what you're going to do.

Go weigh yourself, input the right number and say goodbye to it forever! Look to the future and all the new, low numbers ahead! :)
  • sugarkane1234
    sugarkane1234 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The only way to move forward is to know where you're starting from. There is no point in hiding from the truth - it's just a number.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Come on you can do it! I do understand you're afraid to weigh yourself, I had that as well, but in the end it is only fooling yourself, by ignoring the facts. Like Pheboh says it will be the last day you will see that number! Just go for it and in the end you will be proud of yourself :flowerforyou:
  • smartseagull
    Options
    The number now may seem terrifying, but it really doesn't matter! Today is the last time you're going to see that number. You're here to get healthy and happy, and that's exactly what you're going to do.

Go weigh yourself, input the right number and say goodbye to it forever! Look to the future and all the new, low numbers ahead! :)

GAHHHHH THESE ARE SO GREAT
    Thank you, everyone! I may be saving these for encouragement down the line! (slaaaash Sunday morning)
  • Nativestar56
    Nativestar56 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was in a similar boat about a month ago. I'd last recorded my weight around 6 months ago and I knew I'd put on a bit of weight as my trousers were feeling tighter but I didn't really want to know how much! It was bigger than I was expecting but it wasn't terrible.

Don't be scared, if you've done it before then you can do it again. The best way to get fit and healthy is to be well informed and for that you need to know your weight. Think of it like ripping off a plaster (or band aid if you're on the other side of the pond) it'll sting for a moment but then you move on. You can then set your goals and celebrate your successes when you see yourself getting closer to your goal. If you're going to be weighing every Sunday then its fine to wait until then but don't leave it any longer!