Undoing Binge HELP ME

Options
Okay so today I had some friends come over and one brought pizza and some other junk....and I ate it. So overall the damage was 1600 calories. Can I help "undo" it by cutting out maybe 200 calories a day each day next week?

Replies

• NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    if you go back to eating healthily, it may take only a day or two (or maybe three) to process the food you ate, and then you will be back on track.

but just start tomorrow, or even with your next meal today (not sure of your time zone).. its in the past, just get on the horse again and you will be fine.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You're 3 pounds from goal, according to your profile. Just get back on track. :wink:
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Just carry on with your life.. don't live it like you're a prisoner.. come on..

I have eaten over my weekly allowance by like 4000 calories this week.. just ill get back on track and it won't matter.
  • mountaingirl1961
    mountaingirl1961 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. These things happen. Honestly, it's easier to stick with a healthy eating plan if you plan on a ridiculous meal once a week or so.

Call this your ridiculous meal and move on.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You don't undo that. Just move on with your life. If you start adding and subtracting calories your going to become some sort of calorie accountant.

What about birthdays, holidays. etc.

besides 1600 isn't even THAT much. I believe 3500 calories is one pound.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You can't focus on just one day. We indulge or over do it sometimes because we are human and food is tasty! Just eat healthy and try to stay at your goal the next day. Yesterday I ate in-n-out. But day before and today I ate well...I know I'll still be ok and can stay focused.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that if I eat well most of the time I can get away with having a cheat meal every once in a while and it doesn't seem to effect me.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    No need to do anything other than get up tomorrow and get right back on track.... 1600 calories is not going to ruin anything you have done.... Best of Luck
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Just carry on with your life.. don't live it like you're a prisoner.. come on..

I have eaten over my weekly allowance by like 4000 calories this week.. just ill get back on track and it won't matter.

Yup. Don't end up in this cycle of "undoing" overages. Just move on like it never happened.
  • mclean48
    mclean48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In one of the last episodes of "The Office" Dwight (the new manager) lets the crew go a half hour early to watch the premiere of the documentary...and goes on to state that they can all either work an extra half hour tomorrow or ...work an extra 1 minute for a month

...now I'm not going to state the Dwight is a Genius but...he's got a point. Just get back on track...and if you are really feeling guilty...just cut an extra 50 cals out per day for a month and that's going to equal 1500 cals...and the total is erased...

This is a marathon not a sprint...
  • lovelylela415
    lovelylela415 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

This is a marathon not a sprint...

this!
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    What's done is done. Life is here to be enjoyed. With 21 meals + snacks in a week. An extra 1600 cal. won't break the budget..
    Keep Smiling.. :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Okay so today I had some friends come over and one brought pizza and some other junk....and I ate it. So overall the damage was 1600 calories. Can I help "undo" it by cutting out maybe 200 calories a day each day next week?

yes. also workouts.
  • Gizzy1976
    Gizzy1976 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Your doing great. Don't beat yourself up about it!! Get back on track yoday and you will be fine ????
  • checomgeo
    checomgeo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just move on with your life. If you start adding and subtracting calories your going to become some sort of calorie accountant.

This made me laugh out loud. :laugh:
  • FindingLihua
    FindingLihua Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    it doesn't really matter.. this has happened to me before, and I just got back on track the next day, and drank even more water to flush out the bad food :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    the damage of your so called binge would be if it derailed you from your diet That one "treat" day leading into another day..into a week and so on...

As long as you jump right back on your plan of fitness and diet you should be just fine. Why don't you exercise two hours over two days to make it up. Do the elliptical...that would erase it all.
  • kckc69
    kckc69 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Laxatives???

*creeps away and hides to watch the drama unfold over this comment* PS *minus the popcorn*
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Laxatives???

*creeps away and hides to watch the drama unfold over this comment* PS *minus the popcorn*

not funny:angry:
  • dianamatienzo
    Options
    Don't to anything to "make up" for that. It'll only make things worse. Just move on and keep eating well and you'll be fine :)