New, Nervous, but determined

Options
Hello. I am 48 years old, over 300 lbs, and 5'3. I know i have a long, hard journey ahead of me, but with my new diagnosis of diabetes type 2 looming over me, i will do it this time. I have tried to lose weight in the past.. only put in a half hearted attempt, and quickly gave in to my love of soda. Well, that love of soda is what cause my diabetes, so i have to give it up.. i was drinking 3k calories per day of mountain dew... bad, i know. My goal is to be healthy and considerably thinner by my 50th birthday which is about 13 months away. I am hoping to meet people on here that have approx the same amt to lose or more so we will all be here a good long time to support, encourage, and vent to each other lol... i know having people in your corner that are going thru the same things will make this just that much easier for us all..

Replies

• mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    hey! i wish u d vry bst of luck...n i hope u reach ur goals...i need to lose abt 85 lbs as well..n i hv type 2 diabetes since i ws 18(i'm 20 nw).. diabetes wl mk it harder...bt wid persistence u wl reach ur goal..i hd lost 53 lbs a yr back bt gained sum of it bck on cz i lost focus wen my college started..nw i m bck on it! n it wud be really nice 2 share d experience! :)
  • Megster717
    Megster717 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I think its the fizz in the soda that I need sometimes and the caffeine to keep me alive.

I have gone to seltzer water, but my mom keeps nagging me saying that theres too much sodium in it.

Sometimes you can get flavored water. Wegmans has a nice lemon water, tangerine water, and other flavors. It helps to make the diet more palatable.Its just water with flabor in it no sugar or sacarine. Metromint is another good water as it has mint in it and theres a chocolate mint water that is nice.

There might be another thing to try with your diabetes. Blueberrry leaf tea. THis is a tea that is made just from the leaves of the blueberry, it helps to bring the sugar down and my mom is a big proponent of cinnamon. Cinamon on cereal and also cinnamon on anything, you can also get cinnamon in capsule form.