Very frustrated...

Options
Hello..

I'm 31, had my second baby in January and 5ft 5in tall. I started off weighing 9 stone and wanted to achieve 8.5st by the end of August.
I was set a target of 1200 calories a day.

I have found this really easy to do, eating lots of veg, chicken, tuna, muesli etc...

The most I have easten in the last 10 days is 1400 calories.

Now I just want to point out that I have been recording my calories Exactly, often using the barcode scanner and double checking against the packet.

I lost 4lb in week 1... Great.
I am 4 days into week two, i am steadily gaining 1/2lb a day !!! :(
I am back up to 8st 12.5lbs

This is sole destroying considering I am trying so hard. I am not starving myself, I am loading my plate with veg so I feel really full after meal times..

Please can anyone help... Where are am I going wrong, I feel so de motivated and fed up.

Thanks in advance
X

Replies

• helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I think most people loose quickly the first week when they're changing their diet. As you're only wanting to loose a small amount and near your goal weight it is going to take some time. You're probably gaining back the weight you lost the first week, maybe that was water weight.
  • mrsjenmcd07
    Options
    So how do I continue to loose weight.. Or at least keep the weight off that I have lost?!
    Clearly doing what I am doing isn't working... :(
  • dianawall532
    Options
    I've also just had my second and I consume around 1200-1300 calories a day and do an hours walk 4 times a week, I found getting to my pre pregnancy weight of 9st was unbelievably easy but im also struggling to lost the last couple of lbs :(

im still waiting to fully heal from my c-sect so cant really do any exercise to help boost my weight loss and I feel my food intake is perfect for me (5ft 7in 9st) so don't want to consume any less.

why does the weight loss stop are we able to lose more or is my body thinking naaaa im happy at this weight??
  • kmh0617
    kmh0617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend weighing only once per week. Unless you are eating 1750 calories per day over your maintenance calories, you are not actually gaining 0.5 pounds per day!

I can't see what it is that you're eating due to your diary settings. What are you eating each day? Is it balanced, are you getting enough fiber, protein, etc? Are you getting too much sodium, leading to water retention?

Also, what kind of exercise wre you doing? I'd recommend strength training (gotta build mucle to raise your metabolism), and also cardio 3x/week.

If you're already doing this, I'd also add that 1400 calories is too low, IMO.
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You are already quite slim (your BMI comes up as 20), I think it's overly ambitious to aim for 7lbs in 4 weeks at the weight you are, most people seem to aim for half a pound a week.

Also, if you are going to weigh in daily ignore the individual values but keep track of the trend (average over the last few days), my daily weight fluctuates with up to 2lb some days. It's quite common to drop a lot the first few days, it's often water (realistically you didn't shed 4lb of fat in a week ;)

And finally, I hope you have a sense of humor and don't shoot me, but this is a hilarious post worth reading just to show we all go through the same pitfalls at the start :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/fivethreeone/view/my-journey-or-blog-posts-and-forum-topics-the-first-month-560981