Looking for motivation friends between 200-350

Options
Well it has been 5 months since I ended my diet and I'm basically back to where I started!! BLAH! And the news I got today was I have moderate sleep apnea, which leads to lots of problems and I either should get a CPAP machine, which new costs like 1200-2000 dollars, or a used one which costs 300-500 dollars. I really don't like the idea of buying something for a medical problem I created that I could solve on my own by losing weight. A lot of people who lose weight with sleep apnea have a reduction in their sleep apnea, or lose it completely. The more weight you lose the better the results. So....guess I'm coming back to this site and am going to try to lose weight again and keep it off this time. If I fail at losing weight and keeping it off then I'll just have to get a used CPAP, or if the sleep apnea doesn't go away. In the mean time I can get a CPAP for a month for free from a company to see if it actually makes me feel better. Here we go!

I am looking for friends that are between 200-350 pounds looking to lose more than 20 pounds. I need some people to help motivate me and I want to be helpful towards other in return. Please message me if you are interested :-).

Replies

• tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I can help you...I started at the high end of your range and since the 15th of June through good eating and working out have lost 40lbs and many inches...Would love to help support you on your journey of weight loss for better health!
  • BMARQUEZ10
    Options
    I would love to help support you as well. I am currently at 287 (Ughhhhh I still haven't even told my hubby exactly how much I weigh) But I started out at 307. I have officially lost 20 pounds since starting my diet and exercise but only recently joined fitness pal. I'm not in the sleep apena boat (Want to prevent that at all cost) But I am in the high blood pressure or was (It was 167/110 At my heaviest 307) it was starting to get outta control. My doctor was about to put me on meds and I said no I don't want to. He said you prove to me in 30 days you can loose weight, exercise, and eat right I will just moniter you every 30 days. I have..... I haven't used any meds. I eat all fresh and organic. No preseveratives or canned foods. In just the last 30 days I feel like my body has had a complete makeover =) On the sleep apnea machine I wanted to mention to you call around and ask several different places. We have a few places around here that actually rent or lease the actual machine you just have to purchase your own masks. Worth a shot that's for sure.

Good Luck!!!!!
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Im 225lbs looking to lose around 60+ lbs. If you want to add me, feel free. I could always use friends and motivation !
  • x1v16
    x1v16 Posts: 66
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks guys! I added you all. Anybody else interested?
  • KariKicksButt
    KariKicksButt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm at 242 right now... 8lbs shy of my heaviest :/ feel free to add me! I love the sense of community here, i think that's why so many people have such success!! :)
  • jenniferohara8488
    jenniferohara8488 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey, you can add me. I am at 240 and I need to lose over 100 pounds and its not easy to do it alone.
  • Eloira
    Eloira Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 219! So feel free to add me :) any of you :D
  • jenvalle356
    jenvalle356 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I absolutely interested, I just started back 2 weeks ago. Im the age my mother was when she found out she was Type 2 Diabetic. Both her and my Grandmother passed way too early from complications, I need to break the cycle and be a great example to my children. I started this at 275 and am concentrating on getting to 200, and then I will take my next goal from there. :wink: Jen
  • pootle69
    pootle69 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi

I would love to support you :-)
  • fierydeluge
    Options
    Hi! I wanna support you on your journey.

I started in MFP at 276 lbs but I got to 284 lbs before I started taking getting fit seriously. I had sleep apnea then. Got lot of complaints from my family to my roomies. Now I'm down to 225 lbs. I'm feeling better and sleeping better. I'm planning to be at 220 lbs by the end of the month.

I know you could do it as well. I'll be rooting for you.
  • jelawton3
    jelawton3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hell I want to support you and looking for some accountability as well.

I started at 274 and now down to 230.8 with a goal of 170. Feel free to add me as well.
  • Michielynn222
    Michielynn222 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm at 213 right now and have lots to lose, feel free to add me :)
  • mnetten
    mnetten Posts: 1
    Options
    I am at an all time high of 256. I need some motivation myself and I love to motivate others. I am actually better at motivating others than myself! I saw a picture of myself the other day and had to delete it from the computer so I really want to make this work this time. Maybe we can do it together!! I have been on MFP for a while but this is my first post to any board so I hope this works.
  • jaecamp1
    jaecamp1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Any of you can add me for support :) I am (happily!) no longer in that range. My high weight while pregnant was 287 and I started on here a year and a half later at 257.
  • Mystikskys
    Mystikskys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was 263 at my biggest and 250 when I joined this site I'm currently 233 and have been looking for friends as well . I'd love to help
  • kRcu
    kRcu Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm in! I used to weigh a steady 205 and after marriage and a kid ended up at 268lbs. I'm back down to 249, but hoping to get back under 220lbs by the end of the year.

You can do it. It takes time and motivation, but just think of where you want to be in 6 months and slowly work at it.
  • miaz143
    miaz143 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 220lbs looking to lose around ultimately 100lbs. Feel free to add me if you'd like !!

Its always a good idea to have people that motivate you around!
  • Tstyles74
    Options
    I'm down too. Weighing in at 220. My goal is 170.
  • wantingafriend
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight a year ago and have gained almost all of it back. I am now at 360 and looking for friends to hold me accountable for diet and exercise. I would love for anyone who wants a serious weight loss friend to add me! I need motivation and will give it as well.
  • nicholeeyo
    nicholeeyo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is looking for support is encouraged to hit me :) It's time for me to put in some hard work too!