2 years :(

Options
Right, I need to vent plus hopefully gain some motivation!
I've been a member since 2011, and I've not really stuck at it... I tend to get really into it, and then stop, and back and stop and so on! Typical yo yo dieter!

I'm more determined now I think, just lacking the "push"
As you can see from my tracker only 18lbs :(
I started slimming world and stopped (it worked for me but I didn't like the idea of paying someone to weigh me!) So my plan is: to do the slimming world diet without the groups, try and do the kinect and bike trainer more, start jogging with the dog (HA wish me luck with that)

Just feel a bit "omg you're a failure 2 years and only 18lbs!!"

Anyone else feeling or have felt like me? (if so how did you overcome it)

Replies

• Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You're still here, so think of that as a success. Maybe the reason that no one has responded to your question yet is because they have given up and don't even log on here anymore. Also, I think it's awesome that you continue to lose despite life's ups and downs and haven't (like most people) gained the weight back plus more (which is what typically happens). So celebrate your tenacity! You rock! :happy: :drinker: :happy:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    18 lbs. down is still 18 lbs. that you've maintained for 2 years. So you were just on "break". Most people regain so you actually are a success story. Now you're back, know how to lose the weight, and are starting fresh. Just carry on!
  • ness122112
    ness122112 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with these guys--I've been up and down--had determination/motivation, then not. If you're saying "wish me luck with that!" it may not be something you're ready to do right now. Why not start walking with the dog 30 min a day instead of jumping into jogging if you've not been jogging? Walking is just as good if you keep a good pace. Plus, I think 18 lbs is something to be proud of!!! Look for something a friend of mine calls NSV's, Non Scale Victories--are your pants a little looser? is it easier to go upstairs? are you sleeping better? things like that. Keep on keepin' on!!! Down on the scale is better than up! If you're like me, you didn't gain it that fast--I've gained 40 lbs over the last 6 years since I started teaching. Of course I wouldn't want it to take me 6 years to lose it, but if it did, that would be better than the alternative of not losing it at all.
  • Blanche43girls4
    Blanche43girls4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree, the fact that you've maintained a 18lb loss over 2 years is great!:happy: Don't give up & don't feel like you are a failure. You are actually a great inspiration to others like myself. I have been a yo-yo dieter in the past too and it can become discouraging. Have you ever seen the pictures of what an actual pound of fat looks like? If you have then just imagine 18 of those put together. When you think of it that way you can see what a success you are. Now, just think of beginning the rest of your journey to add to that. Way to go...good for you!!!:smile:
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good job on the loss of 18 pounds!!!
    I totally know how you feel. I have been here for 10 months and I've only lost 18 pounds. Actually, I lost 25 pounds, but I had surgery and could do NOTHING for 6 weeks and I gained. When I realized I was gaining instead of getting on track, I just ate whatever I wanted. lol Anyway, I am now healed so that I can exercise so I am here to get back on track.

If you want to be friends, we can support each other!
  • Eloira
    Eloira Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good job on the loss of 18 pounds!!!
    I totally know how you feel. I have been here for 10 months and I've only lost 18 pounds. Actually, I lost 25 pounds, but I had surgery and could do NOTHING for 6 weeks and I gained. When I realized I was gaining instead of getting on track, I just ate whatever I wanted. lol Anyway, I am now healed so that I can exercise so I am here to get back on track.

If you want to be friends, we can support each other!

Thank you to everyone for their posts! First time I've really posted for myself on the forums!
    In terms of "wish me luck" was more the dog is under training so she still pulls, tried today she was fantastic so no more excuses for me!!

Wwmorrow: surgery is exactly why I had to stop, it was in my hand, also had to come out of uni for a year, and like you I wasn't aloud to go gym, cycle, drive anything so I jus slumped into a cave and ate lol

Would love to be friends :)

Thank you everyone:) x
  • mymonkeymoos
    Options
    Woah, hang on a minute,

You say that you are a yo-yo dieter and yet also say that you have lost an amazing 18lbs and kept it off.......

THAT ISN'T A YO-YO DIETER talking...... So well done you!

This isn't a diet, its a tool to teach you how to eat the right things and how to do the damage limitation once you have eaten the wrong thing, so please please don't beat yourself up....be proud of you and what you have achieved as that 18lbs hasn't snuck up and attached itself to your bum....it's gone and here you are back to lose more!

I think it takes guts to admit something not just to yourself but to the rest of us, and I personally think that you should be kinder to yourself.......you did it then, and therefore can do it now or you wouldn't be back to finish what you started.....

Be strong, be confident and be you. You will have wobbles, we all do, but that is why we all come here to let of steam, seek advice and support and above all else.......just keep looking at what you have already achieved and be proud.......

Good luck x