Strong Legs

Options
fitmom07
fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
My calves look huge to me, but they are hard as a rock. Is it ok for women to have big muscles in their calves?! I haven't been lifting any weights, but I do a ton of cardio.

Replies

• Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have nice strong legs. I haven't been doing any cardio, but I do a ton of weights :)
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I used to hate my 'bulky' legs, too. But now, I appreciate the strength in them and love them. They are going to be so useful for kicking off zombies during the apocalypse.

<
    And also them in my profile photo.

I think it's not the matter of if it's ok for them to be huge. There are no rules saying that they have to be a certain way and it's all a matter of whether you can accept and love them.

ETA: My pictures aren't showing. Photobucket is wacky again.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Calves are genetic. You can lose the fat on top of it but if you are predisposed to have big muscular calves, you have to learn to accept it.

I have trouble finding boots because of mine lol
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have always had large calves. In high school someone commented that I had clubs for lower legs. Wasn't sure if it was a compliment or not, but it doesn't matter they are shapely! I have a habit of checking out peoples calves all the time.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    My calves are 15" with zero fat on them. It is genetic. I don't do any lower body weight lifting, and only ride a recumbent bike and swim for exercise. They have always been larger and it is indeed difficult to find boots that fit, so I just don't wear boots.
    People have always coveted my calves, but I would def trade them for a nice slim waist! :wink:
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I can bend steel.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Leg muscles are perfectly acceptable on women by almost everyone in our generation. There's nothing unfeminine about it. A lot of guys love great legs!
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Calves are genetic. You can lose the fat on top of it but if you are predisposed to have big muscular calves, you have to learn to accept it.

I have trouble finding boots because of mine lol

Lol.
  • Back2Body87
    Options
    Strong legs are sexy! Strong curves are very feminine.
  • JamBlaze
    JamBlaze Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Also in the big leg club! Partly just the way I was made, and partly because I've run for years. Finding boots that fit is also a pain, but they're great because they're strong and get me to where I need to go, so I'd rather have kick *rse legs than pretty boots!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    There's peeps that aren't blessed with calves.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I wants da calves. :frown:
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    Strong legs here to. I can thank, good ole genetics, cardio, squats, and dancing. I like em :-)
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I can't wear boots because of mine.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    In for the love of girl legs :heart: :love:
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    My calves look huge to me, but they are hard as a rock. Is it ok for women to have big muscles in their calves?! I haven't been lifting any weights, but I do a ton of cardio.

It's perfectly okay! Got love for the calf muscles!
  • fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Well I know in high school I leg pressed 280! I would be interested to see how much I can do now. I need to go to the gym sometime because I do most of my workouts from home or I run/walk at the track.
  • georgieb23
    georgieb23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Course it's ok! Get them out and be proud of them :) Far rather defined calves than cankles! Show off your hard work.

I never used to like my legs as they are fairly muscly - partly due to having ridden for most of my life - but now I'm proud of them :smile: Strong legs are also great for impersonating a koala and hanging onto people frontways. You can't escape these badboys :wink:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    14" calves, all muscle. I have never done any weight training (minus a few light weights and insanity type work outs)

I cannot say I cannot find boots that fit, but they are definitely larger then most. Especially in comparison to women of my weight (5'8" 135lbs) most women at my height and weight have much more slender lower bodies. (Thighs are 20". Could probably be 19" with no fat)
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I have 17" calves. No fat. The muscles are really well defined.

I work in a nursing home and whenever I wear a skirt all the old men tell me what great legs I have.

I think it's perfectly okay!