Food Plan

Options
Is anyone else having trouble staying under their protein for the day, I am always under my calories but am forever going over in the protein and sometimes I feel my body needs more protein. will I still lose weight like this it doesn't seem to be balanced, I guess I am so used to low carbs and high protein that I am struggling with this part. I have been faithful to this plan and have lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks but I want to make sure it will be ok if I continue to go over the protein. If anyone can help me with this it would be great.

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I manually change my settings so that I had a ratio of 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat. I found MFP's default settings to be too low. It really just depends on your goals. I gained about 15 pounds last winter, a teeny bit of it was muscle, and I'm trying to maintain that muscle while losing the fat, so I aim for high protein every day. Roughly 1 gram per pound of LBM, which for me is a bit of 90, roughly. As long as you're creating a calorie deficit, eating more protein, barring a medical condition, shouldn't hurt you or hinder your weight loss. It takes a LOT of protein to be bad for you, I believe.
  • kamccarter
    Options
    Yeah, you're absolutely fine going over on just about every macro- and micro-nutrient. The only one you want to watch is your sodium intake, for sure. Protein will aid in recovery of muscles, but it will not cause you to gain weight. 3,500 calories is a pound no matter if it's all carbohydrates, proteins, or fat. In the grand scheme of weight loss (not nutrition, mind you), a calorie is a calorie.
  • nevergiveup51
    nevergiveup51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input
  • nevergiveup51
    nevergiveup51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    How did you manually change the settings
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!