WHO ARE YOU CALLING OBESE?

Options

Replies

• MummyMikaela
    MummyMikaela Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well done! It's an achievement you can only really discuss on MFP isn't it ...my office didn't warm to it as a topic of conversation xx
  • MariaAuguste
    Options
    Yayyyy Congratulations!! I've also travelled from being obese to overweight, 2lbs more and I will officially be in the normal weight range. Total weight loss to date 40lbs. :smile:
  • MummyMikaela
    MummyMikaela Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well done MariaAuguste!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Well done!

A few months ago I went from "morbidly obese" to just regular "obese"! Haha, WOO!
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE! I remember how good it felt to just be overweight after years of obeseness!! I am looking forward to being 'normal' in 6lbs time - see you there soon :)
  • kalong1
    kalong1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's fab I can't wait to be out of the obese category :0)
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Way to go woman! I have seen your pic a lot on MFP! Look at you!! You look great! Congratulations!!!
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    awesum for you! I think that word sucks PERIOD... unless your like 400 pounds! then i think over wt works for a LOTTA pounds over wt.. OBESE is bad.. .sounds like an elephant.. who knows.. but for my height.. and actual wt on a scale.. even after this wt loss im prolly still considered "obese".. even though i can wear a size 12/14! so yeah.. some verbage can fly a kite with me, LOL
    doctors scales can too

You know you can be underweight and still be medically obese. It really has nothing to do with how much you weigh but the percentage of fat to muscle. NWMO is the acronym. used, Normal Weight Medially Obese. I know competitive power lifters and based on their height and weight we would call them obese; however, their body fat is low, low, lower than the normal body fat percentage.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Congrats, My BMI is 34, I am no longer obese, I am overweight and it feels great!!
  • MicheleMMK
    MicheleMMK Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, Congrats! Love your sense of humor too. Very motivating thread. Congrats to all of you dropping BMI's and categories, so awesome!
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Funny post too!
  • XXbrendaXX
    XXbrendaXX Posts: 169
    Options
    Yay you! I just recently made it to "overweight" as well, so I understand your joy!! Congrats!! :happy:
  • ryansgirl101302
    Options
    WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Congrats!
  • iain_71
    iain_71 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats, hopefully get there myself soon.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    HOORAY!!!!!! Great job!

Can't wait to join you there ;)
  • mrslosser
    mrslosser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What a WONDERFUL accomplishment! Way to go! :happy:
  • chrissyreneet
    chrissyreneet Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats! You worked hard for it.
  • Bennett056
    Bennett056 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Me next! I can hardly wait.
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome, WTG!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!

Great feeling, isn't it? :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!