Has anyone done a really low cal diet?

Options
i've always wanted to lose weight. Recently I began losing it due to stress and feeling ill, so I haven't ate much and the thought of eating a large meal makes me feel ill, whereas before I would eat about 4 large meals a day.
Seeing the results (6lb in one week at one point) has made me want to continue, since I still haven't got my appetite back.
Has anyone done this before? Did you manage to lose a lot of weight?

Replies

• kRcu
    kRcu Posts: 18
    Options
    You may loose water weight with a quick diet, but you really want to be burning fat. I went to iifym.com and calculated my TDEE, then calculate your macros based on activity level, if any.

Trimming 500 off of your daily maintenance calories should put you on path to burn 1-2 lbs per week. That is fat loss typically. Eating too little can have a similar effect as eating to much. One saves fat, while the other puts it on. Just a mild cut would be great for you.
  • Chickychick18
    Options
    You may loose water weight with a quick diet, but you really want to be burning fat. I went to iifym.com and calculated my TDEE, then calculate your macros based on activity level, if any.

Trimming 500 off of your daily maintenance calories should put you on path to burn 1-2 lbs per week. That is fat loss typically. Eating too little can have a similar effect as eating to much. One saves fat, while the other puts it on. Just a mild cut would be great for you.

Thankyou :) This information was helpful
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have unwillingly and willingly at another time and it is not fun, your body will not achieve your desired look, the weight will pile back on once your appetite comes back and you will not be getting the fuel your body needs to grow and be nourished. Just try to eat healthfully and add in some exercise and the weight will come off and you can avoid adding more problems to your life.