New to and enjoying MFP!

Options
Hello everyone! I just started using MFP about a week ago and I have to say that it is completely awesome! But then, I'm sure most of you already knew that... :laugh:
I gained most of my weight in 2004 when I was pregnant with my son. I had severe pre-eclampsia and gained over 75lbs during the pregnancy. In addition to this, I was born with Spinal Bifida. Needless to say, I have issues when it comes to exercise and being able to just get out of the house and go for a walk. BUT! I still want and need to lose weight. Right after the pregnancy, I was able to lose about 30lbs but I gained it right back because of my inactivity. So now, 8+ years later, I am still overweight and in need of getting in shape. My current occupation is only part-time and does not require a great deal of exertion on my part to do it. So, it comes down to needing to jump start my weight loss through my daily diet. I want to be able to not only lose the weight but keep it off. I do not believe in these 'shake for breakfast, shake for lunch and sensible dinner' diets as they do NOT teach you how to maintain your weight. So, I wanted to be able to use a tried and true method of weight loss... Counting Calories. I went online and Googled 'calorie counter' and the first thing that popped up was MFP! I checked it out and immediately decided it was exactly what I needed!! I loved it! My first day, I put in everything I had for the day and was in shock to see how many calories I was taking in! Almost twice what I should be consuming! Scary...:cry: I saw what items had the most calories and where I needed to make adjustments in my daily diet. I have to say, being able to see my daily calories counts is incredibly motivational! I have been rounding up my calories a bit and rounding down my exercise/calorie burn and in just one week I am again shocked! But for good reason this time! I have already lost 3lbs and I have every intention/desire/plan/goal of continuing on!! So... Here we go!!

Replies

• krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck with your goals. All it takes is the right attitude and the realization that the weight will not fall off overnight. It takes work and dedication and it sounds like you've got the right idea that it's easier to do this the right way and not rely on a fad diet.

37422413.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome, it's great to start on the weight loss journey. It's really amazing when you start to log and see the calories in everyday items. Cheese was a huge eye opener for me.

Good luck with your weight loss :)
  • Krishna_Veni
    Krishna_Veni Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Goodluck to weight loss. Keep logging is one of the key to success.