getting frustrated

Options
Ugh, I'm getting frustrated. This is the third week in a row with minmal results. For two weeks I stayed the same and today I only lost half a pound. The first several weeks were great, losing at least a pound a week, but now I've hit a wall. I know that happans, but I've only lost 13 and I have AT LEAST 20 pounds to go (I'll see how I look and feel when I get to that point to see if I need more off) so I find it weird that I am hitting a wall now.

I know I should take my measurements, but I cannot seem to form a pattern. One measurement says I have lost three inches and the next time it says I gained one.....my clothes are getting loser and loser, so I don't think I am really gaining inches, I think I just do it wrong each time. I can't seem to find the balance between not sucking my tummy in but not pouching it out when measuring my waist.

I guess all that should matter is that I am feeling better and my clothes definitely fit better, but still that feeling of seeing a smaller number on the scale somehow makes it all seem better.

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm getting frustrated. This is the third week in a row with minmal results. For two weeks I stayed the same and today I only lost half a pound. The first several weeks were great, losing at least a pound a week, but now I've hit a wall. I know that happans, but I've only lost 13 and I have AT LEAST 20 pounds to go (I'll see how I look and feel when I get to that point to see if I need more off) so I find it weird that I am hitting a wall now.

I know I should take my measurements, but I cannot seem to form a pattern. One measurement says I have lost three inches and the next time it says I gained one.....my clothes are getting loser and loser, so I don't think I am really gaining inches, I think I just do it wrong each time. I can't seem to find the balance between not sucking my tummy in but not pouching it out when measuring my waist.

I guess all that should matter is that I am feeling better and my clothes definitely fit better, but still that feeling of seeing a smaller number on the scale somehow makes it all seem better.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Wish I could say I lost a 1/2 pound this week! I've been stuck for 9 days now with nothing.

As you draw nearer to your goal, your weight loss will be slower. In fact, 1/2 pound per week is an excellent rate of lose at the point you're at now.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. I lost good the first couple of weeks, and then for a few it was only a half, or one pound. But, then it was 2 pounds every week for awhile!
    Guess I hit another snag though, cuz I didn't lose anything last week. BUT, I KNOW that eventually, it WILL show a weight loss.
    So don't worry, cuz if you're watching your numbers, and maybe getting in some exercise, it WILL show eventually!!!
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    the lack of weight loss does suck but think about how well your clothing fit... that should mean something.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am losing very slowly. I keep reminding myself it is not just the lost weight that matters.

I DO think about my heart, cholesterol, blood pressure...etc.

My sister in law and I are the same age. She cant get out of a chair without someone pulling her up. she is on 10 different medications. I love her and know I will bury her if she doesnt change her life.

I was so thankful I could run on the beach with my 2 great nephews...throwing them into the waves, jumping in the air.

SOOOOOO...If you feel healthier, rejoice! Your life is better and the weight will come off.

Keep up the good work!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

I feel your frustration I was at a constant plateau since Febuary my body got comfortable at the weight it was no matter what I did and it has taken 4-5 months just to drop 5lbs and its been a fight so I understand your frustration all I can say is keep at it and keep working out and sooner or later the scale will drop just don't get discouraged
  • Lowrider
    Lowrider Posts: 16
    Options
    We get sooooo caught up in numbers and discount the feal benefits of getting healthy. Crash diets of losing weight quickly guarantees rebound weight in both water retention and fat. The slower the weight comes off the more the body becomes used to it's "new normal" and weight does not come back at such a rapid rate when we over indulge once in a while. Enjoy your clothes looking better and feeling energized to run with the kids. Cheers.
  • AndreaMMil
    AndreaMMil Posts: 165
    Options
    i feel your pain! i've been stuck since april! i walk 6 miles a day, 4 days a week; mow the lawn, keep after 2 kids, have been hiking all summer. i keep good tally of the food going in but i'm just stuck. i know what it is though. it's that 2 glasses of wine a day. even though they're figured into my calories, i'm pretty sure that's the culprit. but hey, it's summer! i'm not giving those up!!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Chin up!! It will get better!
    I was stuck for weeks and added Spin to my workout routine. I guess that shocked my body because I am down 2 pounds this week!!
    Don't give up!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain! i've been stuck since april! i walk 6 miles a day, 4 days a week; mow the lawn, keep after 2 kids, have been hiking all summer. i keep good tally of the food going in but i'm just stuck. i know what it is though. it's that 2 glasses of wine a day. even though they're figured into my calories, i'm pretty sure that's the culprit. but hey, it's summer! i'm not giving those up!!!

You sound just like me with being stuck and working out hard and watching your calories and even the mowing the lawn and running after two kids are you my twin lol- but you got me on the glasses of wine lol so i guess not