Daily Goal

Options
Summer_Roberts
Summer_Roberts Posts: 9
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I always feel good when I eat less than my goal but I have a question see for all the sections like sugar , carbs ect , should you eat as much as it says or is that the limit you don't go over? I find that hard for certain ones like sugar and carbs but stuff like Salt and potassium am not even close to the daily goal.

Replies

• jviv
    jviv Posts: 2
    Options
    Hmm good question!
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    You should try to hit your goal every day. That is why it is called a goal:) As for the macros I wouldn't worry about sodium or potassium (unless there is a medical reason). I personally try to focus on carbs, protein, and fats. I always end up too high on my carbs and too low on protein. It is something I am really trying to work on.
  • Summer_Roberts
    Options
    so as long as you focus on the main 3 the others don't matter so much?
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    This is a good suggestion... seems like when your just starting... just focusing on staying close to but at your goal and trying to eat the protein, fats and carbs you should is enough.. once you get that down.. You can take on more... I know from experience.. that learning to get healthy, is a process and you have to start at the beginning!
  • Summer_Roberts
    Options
    thanks for you help guys :)
  • bfisher1123
    Options
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    The goal that MFP gives you is already at a deficit. You don't want to be regularly below that number.
This discussion has been closed.