need help asap

Options
wondering if i should buy this scale , sounds great but is it worth it , does it really work
Hutt SlimFit Premium 6-in-1 BMI Scale w/ Large LCD model # 30722501

Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    No.
    A $90 scale will not be helpful.
    If you have $90 to spend on losing weight, buy a $2 scale at the thrift store.
    Then spend $88 on a nice digital food scale, measuring cups, and a pair of running shoes.
  • chardh
    chardh Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have to agree I bought a $15 scale that does the job just fine and bought new running shoes and weigh and log my food.
    Much better way to spend your dollars but that's just my opinion.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Wow, weird; $90 from newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0MC0KJ2734
    $23.50 from amazon.
  • celewis2011
    celewis2011 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    well 1saleaday has it on sale right now for $14.99 free shipping , so with that said do you think its worth it
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What are you expecting it to do?

It will take your weight. You'll have plugged in your height, so it can do the maths and calculate your bmi each time.

Is that important to you?

On a slight tangent - can I ask why your black coffee is 100 calories? Seems a bit odd.
  • celewis2011
    Options

It will take your weight. You'll have plugged in your height, so it can do the maths and calculate your bmi each time.

On a slight tangent - can I ask why your black coffee is 100 calories? Seems a bit odd.

what do you mean , is that to high for coffee , i use floggers and just went with what mfp had in the system , i am not sure anything is on the bottle.
    also this scale is also suppose to tell you , your water weight and some other cool things
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

what do you mean , is that to high for coffee , i use floggers and just went with what mfp had in the system , i am not sure anything is on the bottle.
    also this scale is also suppose to tell you , your water weight and some other cool things

folger's black coffee should have zero cals. 15 bux is a good price for any scale. i had to get digital to get consistent readings. my scale thread is called "scale recommendations" ppl gave me good suggestions look it up.

scales aren't accurate at measuring that other stuff but you can compare it to itself I guess which is what I do.

I like delicious cocktails suggestions on what to buy with the extra money if you have it. otherwise I think that's a good price assuming it's a good quality scale that meets ur needs.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    The database isnt always accurate, sadly. Yes,black coffee should have zero cals (or near enough, maybe 1 or 2, but definietly not 100!)

Calories have to come from SOMETHING - if there's no fat, no carbs, no protein.....then it can't be 100 calories.

The scales - I have one which claims to do all that water/ body fay% as well. It's OK - these things are very hard to measure accurately, but it helps you keep an eye on progress. $15 seems like a good price for scales, if you dont already have some scales then go for it!
  • celewis2011
    Options
    The database isnt always accurate, sadly. Yes,black coffee should have zero cals (or near enough, maybe 1 or 2, but definietly not 100!)

Calories have to come from SOMETHING - if there's no fat, no carbs, no protein.....then it can't be 100 calories.

The scales - I have one which claims to do all that water/ body fay% as well. It's OK - these things are very hard to measure accurately, but it helps you keep an eye on progress. $15 seems like a good price for scales, if you dont already have some scales then go for it!
    i do have a regular scale i bought at Target nothing fancy , tells my weight , lol
    okay so i guess i won't log my coffee , just the creamer and sugar lol
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Just as long as you know the numbers the scale gives you will not be anywhere near correct or accurate, feel free. Weight is easy to calculate. BMI is easy to calculate. The rest of the numbers that scale will give you are incredibly rough estimations that can be wildly inconsistent and way off based on things as trivial as exact foot placement, whether you are sweating, if you happened to have an extra sip of a drink, etc. I have a scale that calculates all those things, but I only use it for weight, because the numbers for everything else are laughably far off compared to every other method I've used for calculating them. Only bought the scale because it was on sale, would not buy another one.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    The have a scanner for you to log things in now too on the phone app, aaand the most I have ever spent on a scale was $40.00, won't spend anymore than that!!!
  • celewis2011
    Options
    The have a scanner for you to log things in now too on the phone app, aaand the most I have ever spent on a scale was $40.00, won't spend anymore than that!!!
    its on sale for $14.99 free shipping , but i think i am going to stick with the one i have. Do you know what the app is called , and do they have it for android ?
  • Cherylj13
    Cherylj13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There is a scale you can buy at Bed Bath & Beyond. I forget the manufacturer but it's in connection with weight watchers. You can program it for your height & weight. It measures your bmi, water mass, body fat, etc.
    It's $24.99 and if you use a coition you can get it for less : )
  • celewis2011
    Options
    There is a scale you can buy at Bed Bath & Beyond. I forget the manufacturer but it's in connection with weight watchers. You can program it for your height & weight. It measures your bmi, water mass, body fat, etc.
    It's $24.99 and if you use a coition you can get it for less : )

it would be worth the $24.99 or cheaper but does it really work?
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    What do you mean by "does it really work"? What is it you are expecting a set of scales to magically do for you?
  • celewis2011
    Options
    well i swell a lot , so if i could see what i weigh and whats really from the water weight i think i would feel better about the scale not moving so much after a week or so of great work outs
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    well i swell a lot , so if i could see what i weigh and whats really from the water weight i think i would feel better about the scale not moving so much after a week or so of great work outs
    the scale cannot tell you your bodyfat% and water amount from your weight. it might claim to, but it's not able to. To measure those sorts of things you needs highly expensive and specialized lab equipment.