My running NSV!

Options
jamiemommy
jamiemommy Posts: 58 Member
I jogged to the next town this morning! 3.6 miles (5.8km) and I am just so proud of myself! I know it's not a big thing to some people but for a girl like me it's a huge step in the right direction! Next year I will be running the Great North Run and this is my way forward! I met my children and husband in the park (they drove there) and he took a photo of me and I loved what I saw! I look smaller for one but happy and healthy and I feel like I've broken through something today, a personal barrier maybe. I don't know but this is a wonderful feeling that I want more of!

Replies

• Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Nice run. Congrats.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Thats huge!!!! I hope they had water waiting too!
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wtg, congrats!!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Well done thats amazing.
  • ColdKarmaGrl
    ColdKarmaGrl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's my girl!! :) You inspire me, hon, for reals. I was just thinking that your achievements have helped me to get back to moving and being serious about getting fit. Thanks, momma! :) xxx
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    That is awesome:-).

Every long distance runner started out too. I remember the first time I ran 3 mile. Keep up the hardworking and you can aco plush whatever you set out for.
  • jamiemommy
    Options
    thanks everyone! I'm so proud of myself and your compliments really mean a lot! not bad for 200+! I can't imagine what I'll be able to do without all that extra weight!

and karma! love you girl!! (my bezzy mate) and will see you soon xx
  • Skyebella27
    Options
    Great job!! I just started MFP 2 weeks ago and don't enjoy running at all lol. Awesome job on your run though!
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Proud of you ! yay :)
  • jamiemommy
    Options
    Great job!! I just started MFP 2 weeks ago and don't enjoy running at all lol. Awesome job on your run though!

I didn't either at first, but it's growing on me. I'm just going at an easy pace so I don't get hurt and so I can learn to love it. Couch to 5k is a great running app for beginners (like us) that want to get into it. I have a lot of weight on me, but it's not enough of a motivator for me to keep at it long term, so I chose running a marathon as my long term goal. It's next September:) If running is something you want to do, I'm sure you can do it! I started with walking and just moved up:)
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    So Happy 4 u!!!! :happy: :laugh: :drinker:
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love running and when I started a few years ago, I remember the first time I ran 2 miles without stopping, my first 5k, first half marathon! Enjoy being a new runner! Those accomplishments are fun and you should be proud. Congrats!

YOu know what the coolest part of running is...there is always new challenges out there :flowerforyou:
  • Txracy
    Txracy Posts: 78
    Options
    Nice run!

I found that once I could beat that 3 mile barrier, I was just HOOKED on running. That, for me, was my defining milestone. I did my first 5K a couple months ago, and the feeling of crossing that finish line was just amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!