lots of calories always left, but not fat or protein

Katy009
Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
am having a hard time always eating foods that have enough calories but that remain low in protein AND fat. i already eats lots of fruit and veg, so i can't really add anymore of it, at least not just plain. help! any suggestions would be wonderful!

Replies

• Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Most people consider protein and fat requirements to be min requirements while carb requirements are considered to be max requirements. Your diary is not open so it is hard to be specific but many find the default MFP macro settings to be unrealistic to their goals.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Change your macros. Nobody on here should be aiming for low protein and low fat, really. Protein and fat are both good for you. Try changing them to 40C/30P/30F
  • EirePetal
    EirePetal Posts: 54 Member
    I changed mine to 40C/30P/30F. I have been eating a lot of fresh fruit and veges so I am always way over on my carbs and under on my protein and fat. I have been trying add more in a healthy way but I don't want to eat tons of meat and beans just add more carbs. So I have started adding tofu and protein powder to my morning smoothies.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    I like fajita's made in a skillet to get protein up. Shrimp, chicken, flank steak, fish, etc. Then I add salsa, a little sour cream, scallions, whatever else to suit. Sometimes I use a tortilla, sometimes not.

Consider a breakfast flat-bread like they have at Subway except make it at home using Josephs Flatbread (or Lavash). Ham, egg-white, cheese. Heat the ham, cheese, flatbread in oven on broil for a minute or two to melt the cheese and then add egg white...roll up...my favorite breakfast meal! Made one this morning.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    I know you said you get enough, but I can never get enough veggies. Steamed or grilled veggies with a little fresh lemon juice & herbs or dried seasonings are great even for a snack, but can also be used in wraps, omelets, salads, etc. I make a bunch on the weekend & then eat them all week long. Things like zucchini, peppers, onion, garlic, mushrooms... anything left over near the end of the week gets made into a soup.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Thanks! Will consider the carbs as max and the fat and protein as min. It's not always much over, but makes sense that fat and especially protein should not be my main worry....as much as carbs and calories. I walk a lot and sometimes I end up with 500 - 700 calories remaining but the protein and fat are almost maxed!
  • am always over on carbs but not fat / pro