I need motivation Please!

Options
I am so on and off of here. I have finally started working out, but haven't been here in a really long time. I would really like to become friends with people who are active and will help keep me motivated to keep track of my progress (or lack of). I really appreciate you all!

Replies

• amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    Options
    The hardest part is making it all a habit! I log on every morning to get inspiration to workout - feel free to friend me for support:)
  • totaltexan
    totaltexan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You can also friend me. I, too, log on every morning. I log in several times a day in order to log my food and exercise. I will be happy to help motivate you. :)
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I am so on and off of here. I have finally started working out, but haven't been here in a really long time. I would really like to become friends with people who are active and will help keep me motivated to keep track of my progress (or lack of). I really appreciate you all!

I log on in the morning before I go to work, then I try to log on during my lunch break (if I get one) and then of course in the evening. I think the most important piece is just making yourself do it. If you log on and put down everything you eat for breakfast - it motivates you do move more throughout the day. Then at lunch you again log what you ate and the extra "movements" you've done during the first half of the day - it helps you see what you have to do for the rest of the day and how many calories you have left for your evening meal. The biggest motivator for me was seeing the weight reduce and the clothes get looser. I was so excited when I lost that first 5 lbs and then 10 and I went from a 16 to 14 and then soon I was down nearly 20 lbs and wearing a 12 and now I have reduced my weight by a little over 30 total and the 10's are loose on me. I still have a lot to go yet, but it is so rewarding to see the change that it motivates me to continue. I've only had one day since joining MFP (35 days ago) that I haven't exercised and that was yesterday (which was an extremely challenging day for me at work and I actually gave myself permission to take the day off). So, if I can do this - so can you. You just have to want to do it and then when the pounds decrease and the clothes get looser, you will be even more motivated.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

Vickie