2»

Replies

• Chokis
    Chokis Posts: 131
    Options
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good suggestions here. When I have the extra calories/fat I love sauteing vegetables in hot chili sesame oil. I buy Sun Luck brand from my grocery store.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options

that's a pretty neat chart. i pretty much stick with EVOO, and it does in fact come in a dark green bottle which i store in a closed pantry. i have unrefined, organic coconut oil but i use that on my hair! :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

I guess it just depends on whether you believe a medical website or a blog for your data.

I like olive, coconut, and canola oil for whatever I am cooking or preparing.
  • Chokis
    Chokis Posts: 131
    Options

I guess it just depends on whether you believe a medical website or a blog for your data.

Even in the medical world there are different opinions of what is healthy. I support those who advice to eat sat fats such as butter and coconut oil. Others will tell you to cut on saturated fat. And the USDA will tell you to eat cereals in a box to lower your cholesterol. Who are you going to believe? Your choice.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I am currently on a plan of 162g of protein, 162g of carbs and 60g of fat in a total of 1850 calories a day. I am meeting my protein needs and meeting (or exceeding) my carb goals. My problem is that most days I end up about 30g short of my fat goal. I used to think this was no big deal but I think it is becoming a problem over time. I eat a lot of protein shakes, chicken breast, egg beaters, veggie sausage, garden burgers, greek yogurt, fruit (melon and berries mostly). I have learned over time to cook with little or no oil (usually pam spray). I also cut out red meat a year ago to help with lowering bad cholesterol.

I need to trade some carbs for fat.
    shakes - add avocado
    chicken breast - put it in a butter chicken curry with coconut cream
    egg beaters - use real eggs.
    sausage- have real sausage
    burgers - have real burgers
    greek yogurt - get full fat
    melon and berries - add full fat yogurt to them or have with a glass of full fat milk

Basically eat all the things you're eating now but with fat. That doesn't mean you need to add oils and butters to things you don't want to. Just eat things with fat in it in the first place if you'd rather. And yes, it is bad to avoid fat completely depending on how much you take in. Fat is the thing that helps us absorb nutrients.
  • dinareyes12
    dinareyes12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Avocados, almond butter, cashew butter, nutella...:smile:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    nuts and nut butters, peanut butter, avocados, olive oil, and butter.
    Yes, personal favs:heart:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Exactly what I was going to point out.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Even in the medical world there are different opinions of what is healthy. I support those who advice to eat sat fats such as butter and coconut oil. Others will tell you to cut on saturated fat. And the USDA will tell you to eat cereals in a box to lower your cholesterol. Who are you going to believe? Your choice.

I'll take the advice of the medical professionals trained in human anatomy and physiology over the advice of advertisers.

"Saturated fat raises total blood cholesterol levels and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels, which can increase your risk of cardiovascular disease."

"Studies show that eating foods rich in monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) improves blood cholesterol levels, which can decrease your risk of heart disease."

" Evidence shows that eating foods rich in polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs) improves blood cholesterol levels, which can decrease your risk of heart disease"

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fat/NU00262