The Prairie is Unforgiving

Options
That is the slogan on the tee shirt I just earned.

Today, I ran in the Sludge Trudge, a 5k put on by the local museum of prairie life. We ran through tires, climbed hay bales, carried logs, crawled under wire, climbed fences, walked through grass taller than me (5'3"), crossed a river (4-5 feet across, mid-calf deep, walked about 1/6 mile down that same river, and climbed over a huge hill of mud. Then of course there was the run/walking. I walked far more than ran, but 4 years ago I never would have been able to do any of it, let alone enjoy the heck out of it:) I'm definitely looking forward to doing it again next year. Hopefully my joints will be in better shape than this year, though there was no major mishap there.

Replies

• minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun! Congratulations on successfully navigating the course!
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    What a great sounding event, well done :)
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Laura Ingalls is not impressed.

I mean, um, nice work!
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Nice! I love events like that!
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    Sounds like so much fun! Way to go!!
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do one of these. Sounds kind of like a tough mudder? Have you heard of the zombie runs? Another thing I would love to do. Best wishes on your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!