My NSV - first time ever!

Options
kfavulous
kfavulous Posts: 106 Member
I've never been able to do push ups - ever. I always copped out and did modified (or "girl" push ups).

Today, after weight lifting and strength training for the last 3 weeks and then some, I decided to give it a whirl and stop doing the girly ones... not only was I able to do one full up and down, but two full, REAL, push ups.

I collapsed on to the mat after the second one and went into a little giggle fit - I actually did TWO push ups!

Next step, THREE push ups! Then I think I'm ready to tackle Mount Everest ... BOOOOYA!

Replies

• saltycloud
    saltycloud Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :D
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!!

Reaan
  • stahlhaus
    stahlhaus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! I suck at pushups! By the way, what does NSV mean??
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    lol nice work! keep up the good job!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options

non scale victory.

When I came back on here a few months ago i didnt know what it was either so i know how ya feel. lol
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options

Non Scale Victory

MFP stresses this as you can track weight loss by many different things :smile:
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    I've never been able to do push ups - ever. I always copped out and did modified (or "girl" push ups).

Today, after weight lifting and strength training for the last 3 weeks and then some, I decided to give it a whirl and stop doing the girly ones... not only was I able to do one full up and down, but two full, REAL, push ups.

I collapsed on to the mat after the second one and went into a little giggle fit - I actually did TWO push ups!

Next step, THREE push ups! Then I think I'm ready to tackle Mount Everest ... BOOOOYA!

What do you mean by girl push up?
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Gotta love the increased strength:)
  • kfavulous
    kfavulous Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks! Feels fab!

Push ups on your knees with your legs bent out instead of doing them on your toes... my PE teacher in high school always called them girl push ups
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing about NSV! Thanks for asking! :o)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

That is AWESOME!! My trainer made me do about 10 one day...then another 20 girl push ups.

If your gym has an assisted pull ups machine, those are a fun way to keep track of your progress.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    Thanks folks! Feels fab!

Push ups on your knees with your legs bent out instead of doing them on your toes... my PE teacher in high school always called them girl push ups

Nah - knee push ups are just as good if you do them with correct form :)
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful a nsv is special no matter how big or small its HUGE to the one it happens to so happy for you and thank you for sharing it gives me something to smile about my fellow mfpers have successfully obtained a nsv goal it also gives me hope and looking forward to my own nsv moments
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!