Off the wagon, I need to get back on... Please help.

Options
Hi, keeping this short and sweet, I was doing really well, I even was at one point, not hungry for all my calories and would have to force myself to eat up to 1200+. I feel like I have lost my thinspiration, lately I haven't been inspired to track, and have lost all motivation. I feel like crap, and miss feeling great! I would love to know if this is happened to anyone else, and would love to know how you got "back in the game" tips/advice will be greatly received! Thanks in advance :-)

P.s I have lost 21 pounds, 21 to go. Possibly gained 10 back, today alone! :-(

Replies

• fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    we have all been there.

as you have so little to lose, have you thought of fasting one or two days a week - eat healthly 5 or six days then have half of what you would normally have the remainder of the week.
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm with fatsnacker on the idea of fasting two days a week. I just lost all my weight using the 5:2 program and am now going into maintenance. It's a lovely way to change your eating habits and improve so much of your general health at the same time. I found this to be the easy way that I ever lost weight and this time I believe I can keep it off! Check out the 5:2 groups and see what others have to say.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    OF COURSE this happens to everyone else too! Anyone who says it never happens to them is lying! ha!

I didn't log in yesterday, and of course didn't log in the Taco Bell and Pop Tarts I had! ha! Sometimes you need a break, then you can get back after it with a new vitality.

Look at it this way, you have already lost 1/2 of your extra weight. You are at the top of the peak. If you lose just 1 MORE POUND, then you will be over the hump and sliding into home!! Make it a goal to lose that 1 Pound this week! Then you are over 1/2 way there. Even set a little reward for yourself when you lose that pound. As long as it's not food!! :laugh:
  • nicoledfinn
    nicoledfinn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, thank you, glad to know im not the only one. i have been stuck at the same weight for weeks now, 21 pounds might as well be 210 at the moment, Fasting, as in not eating? I get shakey if I don't eat for a considerable time, even if I don't feel hungry it's weird. Then. I eat sugary food to try and stop it. I don't think it's for me, but if you think it's worth a try, I guess I could at least try :-)
  • keyer23
    keyer23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Don't get down on yourself. It is tough to be on your game all the time. There is no better motivation I can think of than that scale starting to go the wrong direction. Been there, done that! When I get disgusted enough with myself I seem to find my resolve and all kind of energy to move forward again with my clean eating. Exercise is not a problem for me... if I don't I feel like CRAP. But the eating gets me every time! Best wishes as you find yourself at this fork in the road. I'll be rooting for you!
  • nicoledfinn
    Options
    OF COURSE this happens to everyone else too! Anyone who says it never happens to them is lying! ha!

I didn't log in yesterday, and of course didn't log in the Taco Bell and Pop Tarts I had! ha! Sometimes you need a break, then you can get back after it with a new vitality.

Look at it this way, you have already lost 1/2 of your extra weight. You are at the top of the peak. If you lose just 1 MORE POUND, then you will be over the hump and sliding into home!! Make it a goal to lose that 1 Pound this week! Then you are over 1/2 way there. Even set a little reward for yourself when you lose that pound. As long as it's not food!! :laugh:

Thanks :-) never thought of it like that before :-) might need to loose more than 1, been too scared to weigh myself this lat week! Denial much! Lol
  • nicoledfinn
    Options
    Thank you :-) so far I have not exercised, I was hoping to start in October when the new term starts, but might have to just go for it... NOW!
  • nicoledfinn
    Options
    Don't get down on yourself. It is tough to be on your game all the time. There is no better motivation I can think of than that scale starting to go the wrong direction. Been there, done that! When I get disgusted enough with myself I seem to find my resolve and all kind of energy to move forward again with my clean eating. Exercise is not a problem for me... if I don't I feel like CRAP. But the eating gets me every time! Best wishes as you find yourself at this fork in the road. I'll be rooting for you!

Thank you :-) so far I have not exercised, I was hoping to start in October when the new term starts, but might have to just go for it... NOW!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Hi, thank you, glad to know im not the only one. i have been stuck at the same weight for weeks now, 21 pounds might as well be 210 at the moment, Fasting, as in not eating? I get shakey if I don't eat for a considerable time, even if I don't feel hungry it's weird. Then. I eat sugary food to try and stop it. I don't think it's for me, but if you think it's worth a try, I guess I could at least try :-)

If you get shaky and then end up eating sugary foods when you fast, I would say, don't. It's a great way for some people, but it's not for everyone. It's not necessary to lose weight or break through a plateau. (I get shaky, and then really really really grumpy after about 14-16 hours when 8 of that is spent sleeping … it's just not worth it).

Why wait until October to start exercising? You have 2 months, you can start now. Even just walking daily would be better than nothing, help you feel better, and probably bump up your motivation again!
  • margebouvierx2
    Options

Of course the above is fine, however I found that if i have a bad day, like i did on thursday and one day a couple of weeks ago I still log everything, I then look at it and think, God girl you pigged out a bit on the wrong food, I then make a note of words to that effect but finish with "tomorrow is another day, a day to get back on track" I have found this has helped, I've not beat myself up about it and its helped me get straight back on the weight loss plan and healthy eating.

It happens to everyone.unless you're OCD about it which in my mind is totally unhealthy anyway.
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Not fasting as in not eating! Definitely not. Just two non consecutive days of 500 calories and then the other 5 eating a normal, healthy diet.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Exercise keeps me sane. After 3 yrs of going to the gym, and finally finding things I like to do, I crave it.

My motivation use to get disrupted a lot, and I would have the "to hell with it" attitude. Once I started the frame of mind that I can eat anything, but I have to weight and measure it. I could stay on track more. I didn't have the "to hell with it" attitude so much.

Weight, measure and log, no matter what you eat. It's the greatest challenge, but also the most benefitial.

PS I can't spell!!
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Two year plateau here. Just broken this month. Wasn't hungry. Didn't lose. Bad, bad, bad...

Finally got back on the bandwagon, and started a new plan. I've lost 7.5lbs in the last month. Currently 2lbs away from my starving myself plateau, and I'm eating a TON more than I ever have on a diet.

I'm gonna have to disagree with everyone else, fasting might be the worst thing you can do for yourself. I feel like a broken record because I've been saying this so much. If you're doing what I was, fasting will not help. If you're not hungry on 1200 calories, you're probably eating too little.

I would get on websites and talk to people and complain about not being able to lose...and they would tell me to eat more, and I would roll my eyes...but it's working. Your body needs enough fuel to function. If you've had a significant loss - which you have...and are down to your last few pounds - which you are...you have probably reached the point where your body can no longer just take it's extra fuel from fat when it doesn't have enough coming in.

I tried cutting calories lower and lower...nothing worked. My metabolism was so broken it took months to get it back on track. If you're already not hungry and have no energy, you are hurting your metabolism.

Add me if you like...I'm learning about this...and am finally losing again.
  • nicoledfinn
    Options

If you get shaky and then end up eating sugary foods when you fast, I would say, don't. It's a great way for some people, but it's not for everyone. It's not necessary to lose weight or break through a plateau. (I get shaky, and then really really really grumpy after about 14-16 hours when 8 of that is spent sleeping … it's just not worth it).

Why wait until October to start exercising? You have 2 months, you can start now. Even just walking daily would be better than nothing, help you feel better, and probably bump up your motivation again!

I was waiting because I'm full of excuses and lazy, lol. Also because I found a gym I really liked, took a trial week, but wanted to join after my holiday in September, as I feel like I would be wasting money. You are right though, I could walk for free :-)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Two year plateau here. Just broken this month. Wasn't hungry. Didn't lose. Bad, bad, bad...

Finally got back on the bandwagon, and started a new plan. I've lost 7.5lbs in the last month. Currently 2lbs away from my starving myself plateau, and I'm eating a TON more than I ever have on a diet.

I'm gonna have to disagree with everyone else, fasting might be the worst thing you can do for yourself. I feel like a broken record because I've been saying this so much. If you're doing what I was, fasting will not help. If you're not hungry on 1200 calories, you're probably eating too little.

I would get on websites and talk to people and complain about not being able to lose...and they would tell me to eat more, and I would roll my eyes...but it's working. Your body needs enough fuel to function. If you've had a significant loss - which you have...and are down to your last few pounds - which you are...you have probably reached the point where your body can no longer just take it's extra fuel from fat when it doesn't have enough coming in.

I tried cutting calories lower and lower...nothing worked. My metabolism was so broken it took months to get it back on track. If you're already not hungry and have no energy, you are hurting your metabolism.

Add me if you like...I'm learning about this...and am finally losing again.

^^^^^THIS ALL DAY LONG.

Plus read this thread and learn how this all works, get your real numbers and enjoy life without dieting.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet
  • nicoledfinn
    Options
    Wow. You have done so well :-) I wasn't hungry, now I am, and I eat for the sake of it again, I know I'm doing it, but just cannot seem to stop, that leads to more food, unnecessary food, I know what it is I need to do, but I need to change my mindset, this in turn will get me to do, what it is I know I need to do! Lol.. Feeling hopeless. Thanks for all your advice, its appreciated. I will take it on board and try and to utilise it... :-)
  • nicoledfinn
    Options
    I will read, thanks :-)
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have to take a break sometimes, just a few days even. Maybe our bodies are telling us hey this is hard, I need to reset for a little bit. Mind you, I don't go hog wild, but I take a few days even a week and I eat want I want in moderate portions. I always find my motivation again. And just for the record I HATE the word thinspiration, there are plenty of thin people who are extremely out of shap and unhealthy. Thin only shouldn't be anyone's goal!
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    <
    meh :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    That's constantly been a struggle for me too....be totally motivated then just stop. For me I just think of it as one day at a time, so that I don't get overwhelmed. If I have a bad day I know tomorrow is a new day that could go really well!