Think my weight loss has come to a stop

Options
I started at 185lbs. Lost that from may until now (now im 156) I still want to lose at least 30lbs. I started a gym about 2 weeks ago. I do cardio 3 times a week for 45 mins. splitting between the treadmill, the bike, and eliptical. The other 3 days I do 15 mins running then do some weight training. Nothing huge, just trying to tone! I record EVERYTHING I eat and normally dont eat all my calories burned back. For the first week, My body retained so much water since Ive never done any kind of exercise the whole time. Unfortunately my weight loss has come to a stop. itll either go up a few but never go under 156. Its frustrating considering I still have 30lbs to lose! Has this ever happen to anyone else? Ive heard the last 10 are the hardest not the last 30!!:sad:

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    are we talking about 2 weeks? please clarify
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Ive heard the last 10 are the hardest not the last 30!!:sad:

aw :flowerforyou: hope you get this figured out.
  • MichelleNicole93
    MichelleNicole93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    yes ive been working out for 2 weeks, my first week there I retained a lot of water and these passed 2 weeks I havent seen ANY weight loss
  • Danyelwaller
    Danyelwaller Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem right now! I actually am still at 156 from the first day and I have a week and a half left of the program. Did you figure out the dilemma, and what did you do to continue?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?

How much do you weigh right now?

How many calories a day are you eating? Are you weighing your food on a digital food scale? Do you log everything?

*edit for the grammar Nazis:grumble:
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Eat less than you're currently eating. The secret to weight loss.
  • MichelleNicole93
    MichelleNicole93 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thats the weight i still am. Im not losing anything right now. its frustrating!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", have been on my new lifestyle since March, lost 49 pounds, steady as you go and then stopped, for a month. I noticed that I was creeping up in my carb intake, which kept me going up and down the same two pounds those 4 weeks.

I don't know how many carbs you are eating, but if you have made a change during that two week period and increased your carb count daily, you may want to try to cut back.

This week I came down on my carbs and lost 0.2 pounds, which doesn't sound like much, but it took the stubborn up and down 2 pounds with it also!!!

Good luck to you, I hope you find a way to overcome it!! I have 30 some to lose also and have been thinking the exact same thing!!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Have you kept readjusting your BMR/TDEE calculation? It includes age (tiny change, but we do grow older), height (which obviously doesn't change), weight (has gone down apparently) and lifestyle (starting point is sedentary but your need might change if you become considerably more active).

Edit: TDEE added
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    This thread is losing it's way.

it's two weeks. no starting threads about stalled weight loss after just two weeks. the human body isn't a machine that responds in a linear fashion to various input. and once you start a new routine, diet or exercise, your body will take a period of time to adapt to the new stresses put upon it.

relax, trust the process, get back to us if you haven't lost weight or inches in a month. or two.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

it's two weeks. no starting threads about stalled weight loss after just two weeks. the human body isn't a machine that responds in a linear fashion to various input. and once you start a new routine, diet or exercise, your body will take a period of time to adapt to the new stresses put upon it.

relax, trust the process, get back to us if you haven't lost weight or inches in a month. or two.

And if I read correctly approximately 2 weeks ago she started working out which can cause water retention in the muscles did to glycogen stores that mask small losses in weight. When I went back to the gym, my weight stayed he same for an entire month. I could see a difference in photos, not on the scale.

Keep going.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

I don't think it is bad advice to remind about the calculation either.
  • law1558
    law1558 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you're starting strength training, remember that the number on the scale may not be the sole indication of success. Start to pay more attention to how you feel, how your clothes feel and how your arms/legs/abs/butt seem to feel a little more solid!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Give it a couple of more weeks. Your muscles are still probably retaining water and healing. When I did the 30 Day Shred (hardly ever exercised before that) I didn't lose weight the whole month I was doing it. The next month I continued with more exercising and finally started losing again. Your body just needs time to adjust.
  • ShortInSeattle
    Options
    Does your scale have a body fat monitor? Whenever I go through a "stall" I notice that my BF% is still slowly creeping down. The number on the scale isn't always the most important data point.

Also, check on your water, sleep, and stress. Then your patience. :)