Trying to lose 30lbs...for good!

Options
Hello everyone.

My name is Rachel, I'm 23, 5'8 and hovering horribly close to 14 stone! I've obsessed over my weight since I was 16, but in the past 7 years I've done a typical pattern of gaining and losing loads of weight - so I've never been happy.

I really, really want to gain some control over my weight, and health so I've set myself a goal. I want to lose 42lbs (edit: I managed to confuse stone and lbs!) by the time I graduate next summer. I'm hoping this is a realistic target. I then want to keep it off, but that will be a future bridge to cross!

The current plan is to stick with an 1800 diet and regular exercise - I'm a fan of my bike. I have a lot of adjustments to make to my diet, at the moment I'm struggling to get to 1400 without pizza, mars bars or burgers. And I know in the long term a 1400 calorie diet will backfire for me! I've also got the hurdle of returning to uni, where a world of cheap alcohol and readily available takeaways will tempt me. And I've had a habit of living off chocolate spread sandwiches while at uni - that cannot happen again.

I like to write, so I'm utilising the MFP blogging feature, it's always much easier with other people's support, so please read and comment.

Wish me luck!

Replies