One more try...

Options
Hello.

My name is Todd. I came to this site hoping to find some inspiration and support in my attempts to lose weight.

I'm not really sure what to say here. I'm not in a good place emotionally right now, so I will avoid saying much more. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

If anyone wants to ask me any questions or wants to add me to their friend list, please feel free to do so.

Thank you for reading.

Replies

• aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi Todd,
    I hope you can connect with the right people that are able to help you out. I ve been a member of this site for a while and just now started looking into the community so I myself need a few people to fall back on. I was in a bad place not to long ago, guess you could say I am not actually in a good one now, but my state of mind has changed. I have yet to find anyone in my town I can actually find/give support so hopefully I can on this site. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • jurgie18
    jurgie18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I hope the right people find you. If you want you can add me.
  • fitmom07
    fitmom07 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hello Todd. I was put on depression meds because I had really bad postpartum depression after my last child. I decided I needed a change and honestly working out and meeting new people has really changed not only my physical appearance, but my mental health! Feel free to add me.
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I remember being in my dark place too, it was the most awful thing. I'm glad I was able to find good people on MFP and get into a much better place! You and anyone else can add me for support!
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi Todd,

I'm sorry it is a tough time right now for you. It sounds like you are in a rough place. As far as weight loss goes, it is doable. It's not easy, but it's got to be easier than being in the Marines.

Maybe begin with exercise? Probably you'll need to watch calories too, most people do, but moving and getting your heart rate up will help with the depression, and then I think you'll find that you have more motivation to stick with the diet as well.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk, or add me to your fiends list.

Lori
  • kellz248
    kellz248 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey Todd, sent you a friend request think we can really motivate each other. Would love to chat. Love to be friends
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You or anyone else can add me. Back at this again and logging everyday.
  • TwistedScript
    Options
    Thank you all very much for your support and kindness. It means a lot.

I didn't get through the Marines unscathed. I wasn't shot or hit with an IED, but I was exposed to unregulated "Burn Pits". In Iraq they didn't have a good infrastructure for handling garbage, so they just piled it all up and burned it. Didn't matter what was in there. I was a truck driver in Iraq, so I had to go to these burn pits quite often. When I got back from Iraq I noticed I had a much harder time getting enough oxygen to keep up with our fitness routines. I did go to medical about it a lot, but since I had asthma as a child, they never recognized my breathing problems as being service related.
    I also have a lot of problems with my right knee and foot which make even walking regularly very painful at times.
    But now I've decided I am going to push through the pain, lose the weight, and keep it off.