Slimfast

Options
Has anyone had any success with using Slimfast drinks?

Replies

• stringcheeze
    Options
    Avoid like the plague -- it's like drinking sugar. (read this: http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/2009/12/05/weekend-update-slim-fast/)

DIY smoothies would be a lot more nutritional -- greek yogurt, berries, flax seed, etc -- and you'll have plenty of protein to keep you feeling full for longer.

Edit: If you're looking for the quick factor, look into buying whey protein. A scoop of that and some almond milk shaken up with a handful of berries on the side would be just as fast.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I have used it for a few years. I personaly find the milk chocolate very tasty. It has more sugar in it than I would like, but it also has a lot of other things that are good.

It really best for that quick meal when on the go or in my case, some mornings when I am just too lazy to fix some oatmeal or rice.
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i saw them at the dollarstore today...i read the can (instructions) doesnt seem very promising, what i mean by this is, they want you to drink 2 slimfasts and have a 500 calorie meal. I think thats what they want you to do for the whole day...aka starve yourself and when your hungry, the chances of you snacking are greater....leading to a failed attempt at weight loss, in my opinion!
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    I purchased a little mini-blender at Walmart for $14.00 for when I want a quick shake without a mess. I usually use Almond Dream Unsweetened Vanilla Milk, Designer Whey Strawberry Protein Powder and a handful of frozen strawberries, or I will use Almond Breeze Unsweetened Chocolate Milk and add Designer Whey Chocolate Protein Powder, and I still add the strawberries, always liked strawberries and chocolate. To either shake I also add some flaxseed powder. These keep me full until lunchtime and are very low in calories and sugar, and they taste great!
  • cycle4fun
    Options
    Today I had my first 30% Whey protein shake, I ordered it at Blenz. Sooooo super delicious, smooth, creamy and cold. 100% fruit, yogurt, mine was a PB Banana Chocolate. Later I found out it had over 700 calories....WOWIE! Never eat a lunch that big! But I have to admit, because of the protein (they say) I did not feel hungry, did not snack and had a small dinner tonight.