Looking For Some Support and Encouragement

Options
Hi Everyone!! This isn't my first go around on MFP but I am hoping that it lasts. I am looking at trying to lost about 60 pounds. I have tried every diet it seems under the sun. Most recently weight watchers. I just turned 40 and don't want to spend the rest of my life like this. I need to make a change not only for me but my family. Well thank you for taking time to read. Wishing everyone the best on their journey.

Melanie

Replies

• MJ111798
    MJ111798 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP a week ago and I'm down 5lbs. I weigh 258 and need to lose about 120lbs. I'll join you. How about a weigh in every Monday?

BTW, I'm 34 female.
  • melanieb8273
    Options
    Hi MJ that would be great. Monday's sound like a great day to do a weigh in. I will send you a request
  • Adirafox
    Adirafox Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We're already friends, so I am just here to say that you got this, girl!
  • MJ111798
    MJ111798 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    accepted =) I'm in Southern California, and I'll probably log my weigh in every Monday between 10am-1pm depending on my day.

Good luck!
  • proudmommyof4angels
    Options
    i'm always looking for good friends. I want to lose 113lbs total. i'm down 12 so feel free to add me if you like.
  • strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I am on here daily and weigh in on Sundays. You can do this it is just a matter of consistent logging and support. Happy to lend support and help you reach your goals!
  • katrinaneuman
    katrinaneuman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yay, way to go your headed in the right direction 10 years ago I was forty pounds heavier and had been that way for four years, to make it worse I worked about 50 to 60 hours in a grocery store surrounded by food, I remember the day I decided that I did not want to spend another day over weight I did it for no one but myself. Let me tell you it took me two years to take off the weight it was about two pounds of weight a month, I gave myself a cheat day a week and that made it so much easier. I believe that everyday for the rest of my life i will have to be conscious of my diet and exercise but it is worth it. Moral of the story it is so hard I never walked in your shoes but I know it is not easy but I hope that you don't give up. Still to this day I struggle to see weight loss after a vacation or a slight lapse in diet but I stick with it and I am so glad that your here because I am meeting the most encouraging people, you can/will do it :)
  • rafiki2013
    rafiki2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add im on here daily, good luck
  • prgirl39
    prgirl39 Posts: 108
    Options
    Add me. I am 41 and need to lose 60 pounds. God know I need all the support I can get. We can do this!

Marta.
  • tamionebum
    Options
    Best wishes to you.

Some tips that worked for me are, eating a boiled egg for breakfast and fresh fruit. I found that really helped me to not be grabbing junky snacks during the day. Popping in a low impact workout dvd in the morning before work also helped. A half hour walk at lunch time after a healthy lunch (I like a lettuce salad with tuna and green beans, and a fat free dressing). Another mile walk in the evening with husband and pet dog. I'm an empty-nester, so of course I have a lot of free time. I know this is difficult when you have children.

My other advice is, don't be a slave to the scale because that can be discouraging. Keep up the exercise and go by how your clothes fit. My scale was staying the same meanwhile I was wearing slacks a size smaller. :) Take care.
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard i myself need friends that support me.. seems like my family does not if i say i am down x amount of pounds they say where but always brag about my sister lost this and so on. stop the maddness and cheer on each other
  • tamionebum
    Options
    I always say, "if you're not helping, you're in the way", so seek support from your friends, your friends on this site, and other family members. Remember to be proud of yourself, and congratulate yourself on your hard work! Best wishes.
  • Kbring30
    Options
    Add me to - for Monday weigh ins! I just started - don't really have a whole lot to lose -but I want to nip in the bud before it gets out of hand. Current weight, 155. Goal weight 140. I'm 33 and 5'6". Recently quit smoking and have also quit drinking in an effort to shave calories.

Definitely need the support and encouragement. I love viewing everyone's pictures - very motivating. Weight Watchers worked for me about 10 years ago, but I just can't get used to the new points system. LOL. I need consistency, discipline and accountability. I want to look good in my boots and skinny jeans this Fall! And my husband has been getting into shape - he looks amazing - Now it's my turn!!! Here's to looking and feeling good All!!
  • bceltic
    bceltic Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    just sent you a friend request. :)