Special K Fruit Crisps

Options
I just want to say that I really don't like breakfast bars but today I bought the Special K strawberry fruit crisps and at 100 calories and 2 grams of fat I would recommend them. They taste just like a pop tart which used to be a favourite of mine growing up. If you haven't tried them yet, do it.

2013645.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• shintowa
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I love PopTarts, but I never eat them because they are so bad for you.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I really don't like breakfast bars but today I bought the Special K strawberry fruit crisps and at 100 calories and 2 grams of fat I would recommend them. They taste just like a pop tart which used to be a favourite of mine growing up. If you haven't tried them yet, do it.

2013645.png
    But what's the carb/sugar content in a bar?

Edited: Oh just Googled it........hm, this might be why they taste like poptarts!:laugh: They don't contain any 'real food' as in nutrition to start out the day.:noway: 1 gram protein & 20 grams of carbs YIKES! Pretty sure that's not enough food for me to start my day off and get my metabolism boosted. Have you tried oatmeal and toss in some nuts and raisins or a 1T of PB along with it. That'd give you some nice protein/carb/fat combo and get your further in your day with out the sugar crash by mid-morning. Just a thought :wink:

Strawberry Fruit Crisps Ingredients

ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, FRUCTOSE, GLYCEROL, VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN, PALM, AND PALM KERNEL OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS), DEXTROSE, MALTODEXTRIN, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF MODIFIED CORN STARCH, NONFAT DRY MILK, APPLE POWDER, STRAWBERRY PUREE CONCENTRATE, REDUCED MINERAL WHEY, INVERT SUGAR, CORNSTARCH, SOY LECITHIN, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE), SALT, DATEM , CELLULOSE GEL, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CITRIC ACID, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, CELLULOSE GUM, SODIUM CITRATE, MALIC ACID, COLOR ADDED, SODIUM ALGINATE, CARAMEL COLOR, XANTHAN GUM, TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, RED #40, VANILLA EXTRACT, BHT FOR FRESHNESS.
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

2013645.png
    But what's the carb/sugar content in a bar?

Edited: Oh just Googled it........hm, this might be why they taste like poptarts!:laugh: They don't contain any 'real food' as in nutrition to start out the day.:noway: 1 gram protein & 20 grams of carbs YIKES! Pretty sure that's not enough food for me to start my day off and get my metabolism boosted. Have you tried oatmeal and toss in some nuts and raisins or a 1T of PB along with it. That'd give you some nice protein/carb/fat combo and get your further in your day with out the sugar crash by mid-morning. Just a thought :wink:

Strawberry Fruit Crisps Ingredients

ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, FRUCTOSE, GLYCEROL, VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN, PALM, AND PALM KERNEL OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS), DEXTROSE, MALTODEXTRIN, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF MODIFIED CORN STARCH, NONFAT DRY MILK, APPLE POWDER, STRAWBERRY PUREE CONCENTRATE, REDUCED MINERAL WHEY, INVERT SUGAR, CORNSTARCH, SOY LECITHIN, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE), SALT, DATEM , CELLULOSE GEL, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CITRIC ACID, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, CELLULOSE GUM, SODIUM CITRATE, MALIC ACID, COLOR ADDED, SODIUM ALGINATE, CARAMEL COLOR, XANTHAN GUM, TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, RED #40, VANILLA EXTRACT, BHT FOR FRESHNESS.

I eat them as a snack later on in the day. Just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth later. Its not enough to eat as a breakfast bar that's for sure.
  • justahorsen
    Options
    I like the blueberry ones....they are a great "dessert"..... to me a meal is not complete without dessert, these bars are just right for that...