Am I the only one.. Who loves wine!

Options
Who drinks on this site! I drink twice a week these days but when I do I enjoy a bottle of wine, seriously is it just me!

Replies

• choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    me too loves wine,, red wine & white wine,, they are good for the heart,, blood circulation on veins ,, but in moderation ,, because they also contains alcohol that can damage our liver & brain...
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm a red wine booze hound - and it's one of the reasons my ticker has zoomed back up to just 5lbs lost. I've had to accept I can't drink wine in the quantities i would like right now, or maybe ever. And that's ok. I'm having a dry couple of weeks prior to going to Spain for a holiday and it's good for me to recognise I can decide not to drink at the weekend and the whole will still keep spinning :laugh: I haven't learnt yet to drink in moderation where wine is concerned.....
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Wine is my biggest downfall when it comes to diet and fitness... A nice glass or two of Chablis every few days, or a bottle or two Pino Grigio on a Saturday Evening with friends... The Calories! And the will power goes a bit to wanting to eat naughty food...

So I keep off the wine most of the week and just partake on a Friday or Saturday when dieting
  • HappyKite
    HappyKite Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yep, I love wine. However, I feel better (and it's better for my weight loss) if I only drink 1-2 times per week. So, now I tend to just drink at weekends and usually only one or two glasses!
    ????Cheers everyone.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty good about not drinking too much although I love my wine.. the last few days though.. Sigh. :) back to good girl from tonight on out though.

we share a bottle of wine about twice a week normally.
  • mymonkeymoos
    Options
    Me too.....but found that I was simply drinking too much and the guilt of all that sugar and calories was awful.....

So I swapped to vodka and diet coke!

Clear spirits and a diet mixer put a single shot with mixer at just 55 cal, and I still get that warm fuzzy feeling.....

I had to do this as murdering the Chablis with lemonade for spritzer a was criminal........and I simply love a tipple :drinker:
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I hear ya!! I try to behave now, only drinking wine on the weekends (note the word TRY, I do often fail). Often though, my weekend drinking includes Friday through to Sunday nights lol. Sighhh - I can give up everything, but NOT my wine!
  • Eastern_Echo23
    Eastern_Echo23 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My Fiancee does... we live in a part of Germany that has a lot of vineyards, you can see them from the autobahn climbing all of the huge hills facing the sun. We also live in a region which is know for high quality hops so i get to drink my beer from the local breweries while she gets to drink her wine :D
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    2 decent sized glasses with dinner every night; fits into my daily intake & is delicious, so why not??:tongue:
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    I love wine! I've even done courses and sommelier exams! :love:
  • Woolified
    Woolified Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure wine... namingly Shiraz and Cabernet are the single reason for my some weeks lack of, and other weeks slow weight loss and/or the occasional gain.

I seriously have everything else in check.. I do Insanity, Turbofire, and I run... I do one of these every day... I eat very well... and then I murder my perfect days with 1/2 to 1 entire bottle of wine... So no.. you are not the only one ;o)

I have tried to have my husband only allow me 2-5oz glasses on the days I enjoy wine, but even he caves when I ask him for more. No ones fault but my own, but gosh a tough habit to kick!
  • bettyzing
    Options
    Well thank god I am not the only one! I have been at the gym every day mostly and wine normally fits into my cal allocation. I live in New Zealand and our wine is amazing so it would be un patriotic not to indulge on occasion I figure.
  • Gina2310
    Options
    Since joining slimming world... I too have discovered and swapped wine for vodka & diet coke... Gives same affect but less calories???? all in moderation though!
  • nhenryoliver
    nhenryoliver Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I too love wine, so try to exercise enough to have extra calories stored! Also, employ the gin and slimline tonic alternative when need/want to be lower in calories.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    No, you are not the only one! I like both red and white wine. But, the calories are high so when I drink it I make sure to measure out my consumption and impose limits. Years ago I could drink an entire bottle all to myself. I like vodka with low cal mixers and stick with that more often these days. :drinker:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a glass of moscato every now and then. :smile:
  • AJ_Muffin
    AJ_Muffin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I usually have a glass of wine with dinner most nights, but not every night :drinker:
  • ghostrider1970
    ghostrider1970 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Definitely not alone :laugh: I love a glass of wine every now and then, no more than once, maybe twice a week, and only one glass. Sometimes I have a bit more, but that's not the rule.
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wine was the main thing that got me to my biggest weight....I could down 1.5 or 2 bottles in one go, several times a week. Let's not even get into how hungry it makes me and how if I don't eat fast food then I will get terrible stomach aches the next day :sick: Now I still love it, but I am aware that the calories are such a killer! I have several cases stored away and for now I am avoiding it as much as possible; if you only give me 1300 calories a day then I want to eat them all, haha :laugh: Maybe once I start lifting then I can delve back into things.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love wine, whisky, gin, beer, tequila, port, armagnac...

Ahem.