Various recipes with pics from UK

Options
joolsweb
joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
Hi All - I'm regularly putting up pics in the show me meals thread, so I thought I'd post in one place, with the actual recipes. I'll admit I'm not the best cook in the world so some are more take out cupboard and eat, rather than take out cupboard, blend, grill, combine,- eat!

Calorie Counter

Hi, joolsweb
0 0
Help
Settings
Logout
Follow Us:

My Home
Food
Exercise
Reports
Apps
Community

Food Diary
Database
My Foods
My Meals
Recipes
Settings

Edit Recipe
Recipe name
Number of servings
Serves people
Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar Sodium
Tilda - Brown Basmati Steamed Rice, 1 Pack (250g) 340 64 5 9 0 200 Ico_delete
Green Giant - Organic Sweetcorn, 1 container (165 g (drained) ea.) 165 34 1 4 11 495 Ico_delete
Cucumber - With peel, raw, 100 g 15 4 0 1 2 2 Ico_delete
Tesco - British Closed Mushrooms 100 g, 300 g 45 1 2 5 1 0 Ico_delete
Generic - Red Bell Pepper, Raw (148g), 148 g 25 6 0 1 4 40 Ico_delete
Oxo - Vegetable Stock Cubes, 1 Cube (5.9g) 16 2 0 0 0 800 Ico_delete
the English Provender Co - Very Lazy Ginger, 10 g 5 1 0 0 0 0 Ico_delete
English Provender - Very Lazy Garlic, 1.01 g 1 0 0 0 0 0 Ico_delete
Very Lazy - Lemongrass Paste, 5 g 5 1 0 0 0 10 Ico_delete
Tesco Ingredients - Lime Juice, 5 ml 1 0 0 0 0 0 Ico_delete
Schwartz - Chilli Powder (Mild), 5 g 16 3 0 1 0 0 Ico_delete
Flora - Cuisine*, 15 ml 95 0 11 0 0 50 Ico_delete
Add Ingredient
Total: 729 116 19 21 18 1,597
Per Serving: 365 58 10 11 9 799

Replies

• joolsweb
    Options
    Ignore, was busy pasting info..so first recipe easy Chicken Curry - 263 cals (without rice)

EasyChickencurry.jpg

IMG_20130729_170531.jpg

Chop peppers and onions and fry in flora cuisine/fry light/other low cal frying spray, add curry powder and garlic, fry for a couple of minutes. Add chopped chicken, approx 500ml of chicken stock (add more if you want it runnier) and tomato purée. Simmer until chicken is cooked (approx 7-10 mins). Serve with rice and garnish with coriander (fresh if you can get it but dried will do). I also like to add a little no fat greek yoghurt when I serve it.
  • joolsweb
    Options
    Cheesy tomato and egg bake - 293 cals

Cheesytomatoandeggbake.jpg

IMG_20130731_173427.jpg

Pre heat oven to 190. Simmer tomatoes, herbs, garlic and chopped onions for approx 5 mins until onions soften.
    Place in oven proof bowl, crak eggs on top of tomato mixture (2 per person). Bake in oven fro 15 mins, add grated cheese and bake for approx 5 mins until cheese is melted. Serve
  • joolsweb
    Options
    Thai Style rice - 365 cals

thaistylerice.jpg

044.jpg

Chop peppers and mushrooms, fry with ginger, garlic and chilli powder. Add lemongrass, lime juice and 500ml of veg stock. Simmer. After microwaving rice, add to mixture and continue to simmer. Chop cucumber, add this and the tinned sweetcorn at the end and just heat through. Serve
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    Looks good :) might try the bake
  • BigJayUK
    BigJayUK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    looking good
    and great idea too
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Fab work. Keep them coming xx
  • joolsweb
    Options
    Roast Turkey dinner - 611 cals

Tescobutterbastedturkeyroastdinner.jpg

IMG_20130728_162843.jpg

Cook turkey as instructed (70 mins for joint), at approx 30 mins before the end put in roast tatties. When done take out turkey, leave tatties in for further 5 mins, put yorkies in oven. Boil/Steam broccoli and make up gravy (granules with water). Yum
  • joolsweb
    Options
    Prawn Laksa (not proper version, as made from store cupboard ingredients and had with rice not noodles) - 239 cals (just laksa no rice or noodles)

Newprawnlaksa.jpg

IMG_20130808_175032.jpg

Chop onion and pepper and fry with chilli powder, lemongrass and ginger. Add prawns and add approx 250 ml veg stock. Simmer until prawns cooked, add coconut milk just before serving.
    Tip _ I would never use a whole tin of coconut milk, so I freeze the rest - seems to work perfectly well although consistency can look 'bitty' but it doesn't curdle. Serve with rice or noodles
  • joolsweb
    Options
    Tuna, cheese, marmite and gherkin tortilla - 416 cals

Tunacheesemarmiteandgherkintortilla.jpg

006.jpg

Mix the tuna wit the mayo. Grate cheese on tortilla, then add Marmite, then out tuna mixture on top, finish with gherkins and microwave for 1 minute - gooey runny mess, but I love it. Tip - buy the tortillas and freeze them, 30 secs in microwave will defrost and slightly warm them.
  • joolsweb
    Options
    Toasted crusty roll with low low cheese, marmite and poached eggs - 438 cals (for 2 eggs/1 roll)

Poachedeggsoncrustyrollwithlowlowcheeseandmarmite.jpg

020.jpg

Another favourite for brunch (can you see a Marmite theme - honestly i don't work fro them!).
    Fill shallow frying pan with water and bring to boil, break in 2 x eggs. Meanwhile split crusty roll in half, squish down and put in toaster (squished so it doesn't catch on the toaster). Poach the eggs (I don't add vinegar or anything, just hard simmer the water and splash the water over the yolks, fresh eggs help a lot). Take roll out of toaster, spread with low low (or philly) cheese, squirt of marmite (the squeezy bottles help here) and then spoon poached eggs on top.
  • joolsweb
    Options
    Home made tomato pasta soup - 316 cals

Homemadetomatopastasoup.jpg

IMG_20130620_170301.jpg

Put tomatoes into saucepan and blitz with had held blender (or leave chunky, or use other method to blend them), add approx 1 litre of beef stock (I just use one oxo cube in hot water). Bring to boil and return to simmer, add in dried pasta and frozen veg. Add Worcestershire sauce and mixed or Italian herbs (sorry forgot the herbs on my recipe calculator). Simmer until pasta and veg are cooked.
    Serve with grated cheese and lots of black pepper.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Lovely recipes! :)
  • nhenryoliver
    nhenryoliver Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • clairyA
    clairyA Posts: 6
    Options
    lovely looking recipes, more please x
  • awfuldaring
    awfuldaring Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love your style, thanks!
  • swati37
    swati37 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ignore, was busy pasting info..so first recipe easy Chicken Curry - 263 cals (without rice)

Chop peppers and onions and fry in flora cuisine/fry light/other low cal frying spray, add curry powder and garlic, fry for a couple of minutes. Add chopped chicken, approx 500ml of chicken stock (add more if you want it runnier) and tomato purée. Simmer until chicken is cooked (approx 7-10 mins). Serve with rice and garnish with coriander (fresh if you can get it but dried will do). I also like to add a little no fat greek yoghurt when I serve it.

awesomeee.... bump for more.... love your idea...
  • loulou_1979
    loulou_1979 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    BUMP! Thanks for these!
  • rebamay87
    rebamay87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! fantastic! can others add in this format too? Since I think this is way better than just showing the meals done up.

Or are you thinking of this as more your own resource?
  • natty1408
    natty1408 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you and bump.
  • joolsweb
    Options
    I don't mind, quite happy for people to add - but its more for any pals who want to see what sort of thing I eat regularly as i don't have my diary open