48 and in need of new shape

Options
Hello out there. They say it is never too old to get in shape, so i need some help with diet and exercise. I need to lose 30 lbs but want to do it slowly and maintain the loss. So hints and tips for overweight pescetarians (same as a veggie but eats fish) are most welcome. I admit to not liking exercise but realise that trying to eat myself thin all these years has not worked!
I am based in Cheshire (Wirral) but visit Wales a lot. Not sure how or if this site and the liked app for my iphone will work or can help but it is time to try. All help and comments welcome. Thanks

Replies

• juliejean67
    juliejean67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Andy, you're right it's never too old to get in shape, I am 46 and been yoyoing with my weight for 20 years and last year it finally dawned on me, diets don't work, I have lost 50lb in the last year by counting every calorie, and that is the key, log everything you eat
    it's so easy to forget what you've consumed throughout the day, so log everything in your journal as soon as you've eaten it, or as soon as you can. You don't need to starve, just drop your calorie intake by about 500 cals per day and eat food you enjoy, except sugar, this should be avoided at all cost it plays havoc with your mind and body. I only joined here a few days ago and found the food diary an excellent tool, the best I've ever used.

Here's to us oldies finally doing it.
  • rafiki2013
    rafiki2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    feel free to add for daily support