FitBit (Another one... I know)

Options
2»

Replies

• scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have the One and prefer it, as I don't like wearing things on my wrist. I also got the One for my 14-year old, as I knew they wouldn't let him wear it on his wrist during games (they have no idea he has the One on, it's out of sight). My 17-year old though, wanted the Flex, and it works well for him.

The Flex doesn't track stairs ... not a huge deal, but it is an interesting thing to watch, especially IF you do a lot of stairs or hiking. The water-resistance is a plus, but I really like looking at my device and seeing the numbers (which you can do on the One, but not the Flex).

But I LOVE my Fitbit ... I did a post on my blog to give you an idea of the graphs and such you'll see ...
    http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/08/wondering-about-fitbit.html

Also, this shouldn't be a huge factor, but Fitbit is so well known and trusted for it's tracking that you can use it to earn "rewards" from a few fittness sites ... I've earned two $5 Amazon certificates, I've almost hit a $25 payout (we'll see, does sound a little too good to be true), and I've earned Walgreens balance rewards ... just link up your Fitbit and forget it and earn away!

http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/08/get-rewarded-for-getting-fit.html

I'm a Fitbit fan ... if you couldn't tell *Ü*
  • cliff948
    cliff948 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Been using the FitBit One since January 2013 because my friend Belle recommended it and am very happy. Another friend's husband uses the Flex and is ecstatic because it counts arm movements as 'activity' which means he can now compete with her (she averages 100k+ steps per week).

Never thought of hooking it up per 'scrapjen' but will check that out since I now use Walgreen for my Rx.

Cliff {:{)
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    The flex does less than the one. The one tracks your sleep and also measures the stairs climbed. The one also has a more informative display. Yes it's not wearable in the shower, but do you really burn that many calories in the shower?

Me and my office teammates just won a choice of fitbit after participating in, and winning a biggest loser contest at work. I chose the one over the flex for myself, and am quite happy I did. I have an HRM to monitor my workouts, as I usually do stationary bicycling, and fitbit of any kind is not good for that. What couple of days of monitoring has showed me is that I really need to get up and move around more.

Just a minor correction here. I have the Flex and it does track your sleep and also measures the stairs climbed. I cant say which one is better since I have only had experience with the Flex. But it does what I need it to do so I'm all good.
  • vickybeads
    vickybeads Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love/loved my FitBit Flex, and it does track steps. Unfortunately, it only lasted about two weeks and I had to send it back. Should have my new one on Tuesday and I can't wait.

I also have the BodyMedia Lync and I loved it, but hubby thought it looked dumb because I wore it all the time on my upper left arm. I tried to keep it hidden with short sleeves, but in the TX 105 + heat, sometimes you just have to go sleeveless!. So to keep the peace, I switched to the Flex. They're both good and both track steps. I think the BodyMedia website is better designed and more user friendly, but FitBit is getting there. They both sync with My Fitness Pal and SparkPeople.

I find I try to hit my goal every day and if I do it for a week, I add 1000 steps and start again.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit model that came out last year and I *heart* it. I also use a Nike+ Activity band (which does not synch with MFP.. "boo!!!") and I love that even more. I also have the Nike+ sports watch which pairs with their she pod and Polar HRM which I user when I run. I know, I know... I'm a techno geek.
  • Pierced
    Pierced Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have the fitBit flex for over a month now and love it. Love when I get the happy vibrating notice when I have hit my steps in the day. Have had no issues syncing it up with my iPhone. No one really notices it on my wrist, it just resembles all the other bracelets people wear.
  • LoveHummingbirds
    Options
    I have the FitBit Zip and I love it. It's affordable and I like that it's hidden on my waistband or bra strap. It's a great tool that motivates me to stay active.
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit one and love it, attach it to my bra and off I go, I to have it on a leash and when I wear it I face it on the inside of the bra so if by chance it should fall out of its case it stays in the bra, (this has not happen to me). I like seeing the numbers, had the Flex and returned for the One.