Breakfest

Options
The most important meal of the day! Should be eaten within an hour after waking up!.

What do you do for breakfest?

Do yo eat Breakfest?

What are your favorite Breakest meals?

I eat breakfest every morning. I eat pretty much the samething everyday. Breakfest has become my favorite meal of the day.:-)

Oatbran with ground flax seed, cinnamon, 1 -2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites. I may add fruit or pumpking to my hot cereal or have ezekiel 4.9 sprouted grain bread instead of the cereal. I also may add whey protien to my oatbran and not eat the egg. That is generally how it looks.

So what does everyone do?

Replies

• kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat English muffin w/1/2 cup eggbeaters and a piece of reduced fat provolone cheese, or a bowl of Go Lean high protein cereal are my usual breakfasts. But, when I have time I love to make up a yummy omelet using the eggbeaters, whatever veggies I have around, the reduced fat cheese and maybe some turkey sausage. Real important to get that protein in the morning.
  • gibsons
    Options
    My current favorite: 1/4 cup oatmeal (dry), cooked w/ 1/2 cup water, cinnamon, and splenda. After it's ready, I add 1/4 cup skim milk and heat some more. Finally, I top it off w/ 1/4 cup Special K low fat granola. I just love the combination of warm, cinnamon, and crunchy!
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    I always heard breakfast is your best meal of the day. I also heard if you eat more calories at breakfast and cut some from lunch and dinner it would be better for losing. I havent tryed this so I dont know. Just something I heard are read.. I ususally eat the same thing every day which is hot ceral are cold ceral when working its hard to cook a big breakfast.. Which I do one weekend day. When everyone is home..
  • Beebee78
    Options
    155G of extra lean minced beef steak and one egg xxx
  • tastypeach
    Options
    i don't really a very nutritious breakfast but 1 ham and mustard sandwich or 2 slices of marmite on toast every morning has helped me in my 30lb weight loss, and i enjoy it.
  • skdk833
    skdk833 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal. I am disabled and due to the nature of my illness, breakfast may be at 11am or later. But my first meal is always breakfast. I eat something different each day. Today was 1/4 cup oats, 1/2 cup water, and 10g peanut butter, plus coffee. Some mornings I do an egg with english muffin, multi-grain waffles, and cold cereal with fruit. I have many more that I rotate with, expecially different types of oatmeal. Yes, breakfast is my favorite meal!!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favourite meal. I have 20g porridge oats, 150ml milk and a sprinkling of ground cinnamon, with a mug of tea. On a weekend I have toast as well before my workout. I always feel better if i start the day well.
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I HAVE 3 FAVORITES..
    FLAVORED OATMEAL ( ALWAYS COFFEE WITH FAT FREE HAZELNUT CREAMER ) & YOGURT EVERY AM. ( WE LUVVVVVV THE FLAVORED YOPLAITS.. KEYLIME, OR LEMON IS MY ABSOLUTE FAV....
    MY OTHER FAV IS 2 LG EGGS COOKED WITH COOKIN SPRAY, 2 SLICES WHEAT TOAST, & 2 SLICES BACON.
    MY 3RD FAV IS HONEYNUTS CHEERIOS, OR MUTIGRAIN, OR RAISN BRAN.. & AS I SAID, YOGURT EVERY AM, & COFFEE....
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Today's breakfast was wonderful: a hard fried egg and 1.5 cups of lightly cooked spinach in a fill'em roll. I cooked it in a cast iron pot, so there's a bonus for my iron today, too!

Normally, though, I have a cold sandwich, or yogurt and fruit. If I'm up early, I'll have oatmeal or an egg in the morning. Or a hotdog/soypup with mustard!
  • Mangoose
    Options
    155G of extra lean minced beef steak and one egg xxx

Steak mince for breakfast? Awesome!
  • highrise
    highrise Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    In the summer months I tend to have muesli, but now it's getting colder I have porridge, like most people here, a big dollop of honey and some kind of stewed fruit (rhubarb, apples) Also have a glass of orange juice since Vitamin C helps the body absorb the iron from the cereal, apparently - and of course a cup of tea!

I used to have eggs on the weekend but for some reason they give me headaches now :(
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I always make some kind of egg white omelette..with veggies or I do a choc. egg white omelette with peachs
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    These are all good suggestions. I love Breakfast but like to eat out. It's my "social" time of day. I usually have a Grande (medium) coffee at Starbucks with some sort of very plain pastry (butter croissant or bagel). Not the most nutritious. I agree. Sometimes I have 2 slices of French Toast with sugar free syrup, or 2 eggs or sometimes even bacon. I eat everything but in very small portions.