Elliptigo

Options
Behxo
Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
Has anyone seen or heard about this? It's literally a scooter that was made as an elliptical to use outside. I wanted to try it out so badly until I saw the price tag on it lol ranges from 1-2k or even more than that.

Here's a picture of it
http://bikemart.com/images/library/Zoom/elliptigo_3_4_view_green_11_z.jpg

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I think I'll stick to the elliptical :laugh:
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Saw one at my local bike shop the other day and it looked really cool!! The next time I'm at the shop (probably tomorrow), I'll have to give it a spin!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about getting dizzy on an elliptical machine.

Elliptical+vertigo... :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Wow, for that much money you can build your own mini gym.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I thought exactly the same thing (and I actually do often get dizzy on the elliptical, lol!)! :laugh:
    I thought this was going to be about getting dizzy on an elliptical machine.

Elliptical+vertigo... :laugh:
  • zortgirl
    zortgirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That looks like fun. Not worth the price, but fun.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I've seen people using them by the beach (maybe rentals, it was a touristy area) and they looked like a lot of fun.
  • Ride2bfit
    Ride2bfit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I bought 1 about a year and a half ago. I love it. I am an injured runner who was told I could never run again and I needed something to get me back out there. My ortho doc reccomended the Elliptigo. I have since done many rides and I am even in the Elliptigo century club. I am number 79 on the list. I also do cycling but there is nothing like being out there on the road on one of these. The price is well worth it if you consider how much happpiness it brings you. I highly reccomend you guys taking one for a test drive.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I saw these a couple of years ago, and finally did a test ride last year. I'm also an injured runner and think one of these would be great. It's the price tag keeping me from it.
  • SleepyGirl64
    SleepyGirl64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Behxo wrote: »
    Has anyone seen or heard about this? It's literally a scooter that was made as an elliptical to use outside. I wanted to try it out so badly until I saw the price tag on it lol ranges from 1-2k or even more than that.

Here's a picture of it

I have an Elliptigo and its awesome! I was never able to run and it is really low impact. It works your core because you're always standing. I paid $3200 for it. Yep, its pricey, but it's so much fun!!! My husband cross trains on it.
  • SleepyGirl64
    SleepyGirl64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Behxo wrote: »

Here's a picture of it

I have an Elliptigo and its awesome! I was never able to run and it is really low impact. It works your core because you're always standing. I paid $3200 for it. Yep, its pricey, but it's so much fun!!! My husband cross trains on it. I'm 51, the kids are gone, so we can afford it.