great low cal snacks (UK) for miss. fussy?

Options
Hi all, my cal goal is 1,200 so i don't really have much of a good range of snacks, unless i've had low cal meals and can play about. However, i'd rather fill myself/have something in my stomach than treat myself to a pointless tiny bit of chocolate (which will still make my belly rumble) to get my cals up. my cal range can be anything from 100-375, which can be mainly in the evening

I don't sleep till late so most snacking as i said is evening, maybe afternoon, any yummy recommendations?
I'm sick of having the same things, such as my low fat pitta split in two for toast to give me something to eat! I don't have much choice & i would have fruit but i'm fussy and need to be in the mood (a habit i need to kick!)
thanks so much!
<3

Replies

• pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Just start eating the fruits and veggies . Only way to kick the habit is to make the change. I have no clue how I would stay under 2000, even, without fruits and veggies!
  • iyerritsegan1
    Options
    I like having a pack of snack a jacks, which are only 80 or so calories and it makes me feel like I'm having crisps :)
  • d4ley1
    d4ley1 Posts: 73
    Options
    quavers from multi pacs 88 cals i have a few my diary is open add me
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    hmmm....

quavers/wotsits/skips
    finger of fudge
    few squares of quality dark chocolate
    cucumber & hummus
    frozen grapes (only recently tried these)
    banana
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Fat fee yoghurt
    Those jelly pots with fruit in
    Packets of raisins coated in yoghurt
    Fruit (obviously)
    Crackers with low fat cheese spread
    Prawn toast
    Microwave popcorn (not the stuff that's covered in toffee sauce!)
  • taliebum
    Options
    I would highly recommend Kallo Organic Milk Chocolate rice cake thins topped with half a teaspoon of peanut butter. I use Whole Earth Smooth Organic Peanut Butter (no added sugar). The whole combo comes out at 100 calories and about 8g of carbs, 8g of fat and 3g of sugar. It's absolutely delicious, and feels like an indulgence, if you close your eyes its almost like eating a Snickers.. almost ;)

Or... a small banana topped with 1 teaspoon of Nutella (about 100 cals)
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs
    Sugar snap peas
    Marmite rice cakes
    Frozen blueberries
    Dried fruit (don't overdo it)
    Celery sticks or carrot sticks if you can't stand celery

Every time you feel like snacking, have a glass of water before you reach for the food.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Options
    I would highly recommend Kallo Organic Milk Chocolate rice cake thins topped with half a teaspoon of peanut butter. I use Whole Earth Smooth Organic Peanut Butter (no added sugar). The whole combo comes out at 100 calories and about 8g of carbs, 8g of fat and 3g of sugar. It's absolutely delicious, and feels like an indulgence, if you close your eyes its almost like eating a Snickers.. almost ;)

That's so funny I was just about to put the Kallo chocolate rice cake thins, but as I'd already written Marmite rice cakes, decided against mentioning them
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options

Yum! I'm deffo trying this
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes with marmite/peanut butter/Philadelphia light etc
    Ryvita
    Carrots sticks and/or cucumber and hummus
    Cottage cheese
    Raisins
    Handful of nuts
    Yogurt
  • Seesawboomerang
    Options
    Another really good snack is those Mikado biscuits. There's a Dime Bar version which is extra nice. Chopstick type biscuits dipped in chocolate. Only 11kcal per stick.
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    aw thanks so much guys! It's just been a pain as i'm more of a snacker than a meal person! will be living life good with these ideas! ;) & I love mikado! It's hard to do moderation with them though! i tend to go more for pocky though (the original mikado)
    <3